Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Suggestions?

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering how you would suggest setting up a 3x3 grow tents lights?

Originally I was thinking just one 1500watt cob LED by Hollandstar... but I can’t find many reviews other than amazon and I want to make sure I have full coverage of the entire tent so...

After a bit more research, I’m now considering 2 600 watt lights by either Phlizon or HiGrow...

or 2 600 watt LED with cob reflector series by Aglex...

or 2 1000 watt king plus LED’s but not sure if that’s too much for a 3x3?

Choosing lights is more overwhelming than I thought and hard when you can’t find many reviews on the “cheaper” lights.

What would you do? First hand experience with any such lights would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Homegrownnewbie; 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM.

Hey HGN, if you're gonna get serious about growing a 315 LEC in a 3x3 will grow the shit outta some weed. You get what you what you pay for.

Comment

I have to agree with primo stay away from that cheap LED crap.

Comment

315 LEC user here, agreeing with the above. Avoid the cheap crap if you can.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a 3x3x6 tent with a 315 lec. Havent used it yet as im waiting for seedlings to pop but im excited to see how well it does!

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love mine! Are you planning to use yours for your seedlings, or are you going with something smaller?

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          i have them under a cfl setup right now. once they get some roots i'll transplant them into that tent. I cant wait to see how it works!

Optic 4 gen 3 Led is real nice!
        Rapid LED DIY kits are real nice as well
        HLG
        Horticulture Lighting Group DIY kit
        HATE to say this CAlifornia Light works 500 makes a good 3x3 Flower light (REAL bad customer service)
        going to be colder soon use a plain ole 600w HID/MH?
        Hope this helps
        You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

Thanks for the input. My goal is to start with some LED lights and as I start getting the hang out things in a couple years upgrade to something more expensive.

Anyone have experience with the Phlizon 1200w?

Comment

If you buy a china made LED you will most likely have light airy fruits. They are GREAT for veg. but not enough ass end to make good tight fruit. Most likely you will be disappointed with the end result. You will have other things to worry about. TAKE THE LIGHT OUT OF YOUR GROW EQUATION! A lot of things have to go right to make this happened indoors.
            You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

I agree with boone buy something a bit higher quality and get some good buds.
              640 watt hlg quantum board
              320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
              300 watt mars hydro sp3000
              150 watt hlg quantum board
              100 watt spider farmer led x2
              organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
              Water only i don't check ph
              6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Try some quality LED lights instead of using cheap lights.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Old post @marannegarreth but welcome to the forum. Are you growing?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X