Two newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two newbie questions

While I'm still wading through all the good stuff on GWE I seem to have a dozen questions every time I read and/or learn something.

Question #1 is about FF Ocean Forest. Specifically whether I will need to add perlite to the mix and whether it needs extra nutes right away or if you wait a bit for it to lose some of its natural goodness before adding that. Or not at all? Been reading but it's hard to nail the answers down.

Question #2 concerns pH testing. Is there a go-to method? I've read about strips (remember them from science class in the 60's) and drops and myriad versions of pens. I'm gathering my shopping list for my next grow, and of course it could come in handy for the current grow as well, and I'm afraid I've reached the paralysis by analysis point. I think strips would do for pre-watering and runoff but I see pens as popular. Then I read about calibration and then they don't work, etc...I'm only going to do two plants at a time and the pens may be overkill.

I'll step aside and wait for any replies. Thanks in advance
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

So, yea...as soon as I posted I remembered question three which ties into question 1. Happy Frog. Can the additive version be used for spent soil, added to plain soil or even to Ocean Forest at some point or just stick to Ocean and the trio?

Apologies and thank you.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I've never tried a living soil other that what's in my outdoor garden. From what I've read there is enough nutrients in that soil to carry you through veg until flower. Once you flip to 12/12 you start adding flowering nutes. Personally I find the ph drops the most simple, reliable and affordable option for testing ph.

Comment

I don't believe they are super soils, you should be good for the first two or three weeks, then start to lightly feed your nutrients, and some cal/mag. Always use extra perlite. A good Ph pen is is a great tool,blu labs is a good one a little costy but worth it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X