High Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Humidity

So reading from GWE it seems that 40-50% is the optimal RH range for flowering, but I'm finding it quite difficult to get the humidity down without running a sizable dehumidifier in my grow room more or less constantly, which is tough on my electric bill (dehumidifier is 520 watts at the wall). I'm just wondering if 60-65% humidity during flowering is really that risky in terms of pests/mold? Thanks!

As long as there is enough ventilation and airflow you should be ok. You should check your plants more frequently for mold and bud rot, make sure buds are not too close together ect. I find with higher humidity in flowering i get less or smaller trichomes but as long as everything else is dialed in your bud will still be top notch.

Comment

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for the input. Yeah I just don't understand why my setup is still showing such high humidity. i've got a 4x4x8 with an 8inch exhaust fan (530 cfm) and a circulating fan going, and the humidity is still showing 65% or so. maybe i'll try upping the cfm on the exhaust fan but it already feels like it's moving enough air. i live near the beach but it's only average humidity here so i'm stumped when i hear other growers don't have humidity issues

I constantly battle high humidity. 60 isn't that bad, it's kinda what I aim for actually. As long as the air is moving in your tent you should be okay. Also some strains can handle higher humidity. Those ard the ones I generally look for

Comment

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice, it's good to hear I'm not the only one with this issue! Thank you

Yeah, I battled humidity this grow, too. Saw humidity range up to 68%, but it never stayed. Lots of fluctuations in RH, but an average of 56 over the course of the grow (SensorPush is awesome!). I think you’ll be ok, just be on the lookout for rot. Maybe invest in a smaller, more efficient dehumidifier?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I loved it! It carried me beautifully through the grow, zero nutrient problems. All I did was add pH’d water.

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      you ph'd the water? that's interesting. thanks for the feedback

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, my tap water runs at about 7.8 - 8.2ish. I use citric acid (Kindsoil’s recommendation) to bring it down. There’s some controversy about that in living soil, but I’ve yet to see anything research-backed. In the meantime, my Kindsoil grew my plant beautifully.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X