PPM and possible lockout ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPM and possible lockout ?

First off this is my first run ever. I think I'm actually still in good shape but am trying to stay ahead of any problems I THINK might pop up or THINK I have seen signs of. Ok so I ran into some burnt tips wilting/bubbling and am concerned I'm screwing up somehow. I've only fed to specification on nutes once and generally stuck to 3/4 the recommended amount otherwise. I'm in soil (happy frog) I'm using pro silicate 0-0-4 , medi one 4-3-3, have used Advanced Nutrients "bud ignitor" twice and will be adding Advanced Nutrients "candy" in cpl weeks once I start to see bud actually take shape and not just the pistils i currently have. Was feeding each 5.5 gallon pail up to 2 liters and was told to at least double the amount. I'll admit I wasnt seeing runoff often when I was feeding 2L. Stepped up to 4L feeds and runoff is there and not too little not too much. SOOO I measured my ppm pouring in at 180ppm and 6.0 ph with just water and this is what i got back Bucket A) 370x10 B) 289x10 C) 415x10 D) 427x10 I mix my water and nutes all in the same bucket and divide that amongst them. same soil same pots....why the various readings and not a general level across the board? Anything to be concerned about or first time paranoia?

I'll call it paranoia - sorry, really can't help you as I don't measure my runoff - never have, doubt if I ever will. Just wondering, don't you think all those additives your putting in will affect your smoke?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I think your current feeding regimen might be too high in K and if you`re using potassium silicate, you want to be putting it in your water first as it`s highly reactive with other nutrients in concentrated form. Some of the little spots look like contact burn. The leaf curl and blackening, that looks like potassium toxicity to me.

Like Canuck147 says...you`re putting a lot of stuff in there. You might want to shelve the additives and revert to a basic feeding program to get going. This is a recurring theme with new growers, everyone kills a few of their first plants with too much luvin....KIS and have fun.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X