First Time Grower - Super Silver Haze Indoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Grower - Super Silver Haze Indoors

I'm a long time fan, first time grower hoping to learn a lot throughout this first grow. I want to start by saying thank you to all of you who have built this amazing site and forum. I learned so much from the site throughout just this first part of my first grow. It was clear they needed way more light after day 6. I added several light bulbs using a splitter and you can see the explosive growth just 5 days later at day 11 even though we lost power for a whole light cycle. This is fem Super Silver Haze growing from seed in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil under CFLs for the seedling stage. These babies will eventually go into a 4x4 grow tent under LEDs. More vids/pics to come. Would love any kind advice, encouragement and wisdom from all of you. You can check the first 11 days of progress here in the video.

Seeds: Super Silver Haze fem from MSNL
    Tent: 48" x 48" x 80" Grow Tent
    Lights: 3x VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Actual Power Draw: 260W±3% at 120V. Starting with CFLs on the seedlings.
    Exhaust Fan: 4 inch inline duct fan 165 cfm with carbon filter
    Intake fan: 4 inch Inline Duct Booster Fan 100 CFM with bug screen/carbon cover
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest in 5 gallon smart pots (eventually)
    Humidifier: DIY with discs & fan from House of Hydro

Welcome to the forum SimpleGrower12
    Good start on catching the light. My advice would be to use a different container next time, it may be hard to get them out. Speaking of I'd transplant to a bigger pot and bury the long stems a inch or two down in the dirt.
    good luck.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thank you for the advice Mr.furley :-)
      I will transplant these tonight and I'll let you know how it goes getting them out of the containers. They will also be moving into a humidified tent tonight and I'm hoping that will help their growth, especially the plant that's really tiny compared to the other two. The fourth seed never came up unfortunately.

Comment

Quick update... We moved the seedlings into bigger pots and into a 4x4 tent with a humidifier and humidistat. We have active intake and outtake with filters; I'm hoping it moves enough air. The temperatures are a bit low (73F/23C), significantly lower than it is outside but it seems wild to plug in a heater in August. I am hoping that the fact that it's a few degrees lower than optimal won't hurt the plants too much! The video is from transplant day and the pics are from four days later. Big thanks to Mr.furley for the advice! The girls are loving it!

Would love advice on: When should I switch to LED and how far away should the LEDs be from the plants? I have 3 VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED (actual: 260W) ready to go. I'm also wondering what are some things to watch out for once I make the transition to the stronger LEDS.

Tent Transplant from Day 12: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_7XFgf-5M
        Photos from Day 16 below.

Comment

Quick update! What a difference humidity and LEDs make! About 20 days difference between the pairs of photos below. I think I am going to start low stress training soon. Would love any tips or advice from folks!

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice progress. Are you going to top them?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X