yellow leaves and brown spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! yellow leaves and brown spots

I am a first time grower , I have 3 plants growing , all female though 2 of them got pollinated by males ..Unfortunately the 1 that smells like skunk was one of them ,,It now has seeds which I hope I can use for next year .I heard the buds will lose potency , but I'll try them if my plant don't die . Problem is yellow leaves and brown spots ,,I bought a PH meter and my faucet water is 7+ , so I bought PH down ,I also bought Fox Farms pack of 3 ..I added 2ml of ph down along with the tiger bloom , my gallon of water PH went down to low 6 , I watered my plants and my soil is still at high 7 ..I just bought cal - mag .. How can I get my PH down ? I've only tried the cal - mag 1 day so far ..here are some pics .. thanks for any replies

Hi mass, What does the runoff water measure? You might want to give them a flush; https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing-sick-cannabis
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thank you , but should I flush with faucet water , which is at 7+ or should I add PH down , get it to 6 and then flush it with that?

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        mass, you always pH balance the water when you flush, or you'll mess up the pH more. Did you read the article? If you want to grow really good bud, you gotta read. I read on the GWE site all the time, and I go back and re-read all the time, too. Who wants to invest all that time and $$ into growing Cannabis and end up with mediocre product?

You always want to keep Ph levels consistent. 6.2-6.5ph is the sweet spot for me. Your plants have a large calcium deficiency and the leafs affected won’t recover. The seeds you get will still be good for next years harvest with little to no difference in potency with nutrients. Good luck!

Comment

my runoff is around 7.5 , but I only flushed it once

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That means your soil is too salty. I'd give her a good flush to remove excess salt in soil, and get your runoff pH down lower.

thanx guys, i'm hoping to save some of the plant ...I did read cal-mag would help too , couple more flushes as it said 3 times the size of the pot , but it seems like a lot and I don't want to drown them

Comment

There’s a lot wrong with this plant from only having 3-5point leaves to a lack of training the plant and lack of trimming. My honest answer if this was my own plant....
          1) let the plant dry out until her leaves are drooping.
          2) spread 1.5 cups of oyster shell crushings on top of the soil (calcium)
          3) get some nutrients, maybe $30 total... a comeback formula, bloom and veg
          4) I would feed her at 1/2 recommended strength and wait...

she’s already in flower so you won’t get new leaves. The ones affected by calcium deficiency will not recover. Your goal at this point is to preserve the leaves you have left. The yellowing shows a lack of nitrogen which is where the veg nutrients will come in. I would also Lolly pop the plant so more light can penetrate the canopy.

Comment

It was growing nice and the smell of skunk was very strong , I started with Miracle grow but switched to Fox Farms , I also bought Cal-Mag , which I read on here ....My 2 other plants are fine and I treated them all with the same stuff . I did put this plant on a tarp which was silver ,, thinking it would attract more light .. I did not put the other 2 on the tarp though .. My son's friend was trimming the plants , which I never had done before , so I guess I'm learning on the job , here are my other 2

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good, mass!! Hang in there and keep reading!!!

thanx ali , been doing a lot of reading though i'm confused as to whether I should cut the yellow leaves off or not.. some say to cut them , others say don't . Any Ideas , also is it ok to pick the seeds out now ?

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I remove anything dying so as to save the plant from expending any more energy on it YES!! Try to remove seeds so that the energy goes into the buds instead. ;-}

Fox farm is organic and doesn't need phing. And isn't cherdhal say it isn't calcium def because calcium is same as lime. You soil has raised to alkaline and need to add something to condition it back to acid

Comment

• masshole
              masshole commented
              Editing a comment
              when I add the big bloom to my water , the ph is about 7.2 , should I leave it that high ? And how do I get back to acid , anything you recommend ?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X