Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plants too tall- safe to do cut down 6-8" at 6 days into Flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plants too tall- safe to do cut down 6-8" at 6 days into Flowering?

I have two large plants growing in a 5x5 under 2 315w LEC.

A long veg has led these things to be bigger than the tent can handle. Almost 1 week into flowering and the tops are about 22" below the lights- which can't go any higher.

I have put in a trellis and worked to space things and even them out, and also defoliated a lot of the lower parts of the plant to reduce humidity and slow growth a bit.

If I wanted to do some aggressive mowing of the tops of these plants to gain another 8" (which may still cut it close in the end) am I exposing my plants to big risks since I switched to 12/12 six days ago?

Or am I being a nervous nellie?

Wish I handled this earlier, but here we are.

Bend the tops of the plants 90 degrees and tie them down.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
      Bend the tops of the plants 90 degrees and tie them down.
      Been doing a lot of that. Helps, but not sure if it's a game changer. With one predominant sativa and one predominant indica in there I am just a little fearful of stretching measuring in the FEET rather than in the inches.

I know my ideal minimum distance between lights and plant tops is probably 15-18" that means that right now I only have 5-7" to work with. My feeling with where these plants are and the bending is that it'll buy me a few days at a time and some inches overall maybe. Not sure if more aggressive/drastic action is warranted.

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Jake, you will be cutting it awefully close. I would say they will grow another foot. But with bending the tops you will be ok. I would advise against mowing any tops at this stage.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X