Inline / Exhaust Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inline / Exhaust Fans

I suspect that some of you. like me, are limited on space and are growing in situations where you depend on your fan to keep your tent or closet cool. My original fan was a Hydrofarm Active Air. Because my tent was in my bedroom at that time the noise got to be quite bad in the warmer months. Somehow I stumbled on a company called AC Infinity. They started out making quiet fans to cool high end stereo systems. I got their Cloudline S6, 6-Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan System With Speed Controller, and could not believe how quiet it was. I could sleep again. The funny thing is that on full it was quieter than the oscillating fan sitting on the floor of my grow tent. Their stats are impressive. I think the mean time before failure was something like 10 years. Though it did not move quite as much air as my Hydrofarm Active Air fan it still moved 351 CFM vs 400 CFM for the Hydrofarm. The fan was quite light, has a better mounting system and the connection to my carbon filter fit better. Also it had a corded remote controller that I kept outside of the tent which allowed me to adjust the speed without having to open my tent. This is very handy when it is lights out time in your tent.

A word of advice, the models with the temperature and humidity controller don’t really control temperature or humidity other than by the movement of air. So I saved myself $30 by not getting that feature as I already had a temperature and humidity sensor to accomplish this. Having said that it is a cool feature as long as you understand that this is more of a monitor of the temperature and humidity inside your tent or closet that seeks to adjust these via fan speed. The people at the company web-site are quite helpful. The fan is also available on Amazon.

Here is a link to their company web-site: https://www.acinfinity.com/duct-fan-systems/.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Organic, that's good to hear because that's what I'm going to use for my setup. Air scrubber and carbon filter. My thoughts whenever buying a tool is to get a quality product, buy once cry once. Honesty for the 150.00 it's not bad at all for what you're getting. I'll be buying one at a time as to make gear purchases easier as I'm not loaded at all. Thanks organic for sharing your purchase and experience.✌️ brother.
    ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never regretted buying quality. You get a lower total cost of ownership over time and a better user experience.

thanks for the info.,,,im planning on adding another fan in the near future so good timing.

Comment

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I could help. I really like my fan but wish I had paid the extra $30 for the higher end model.

Did you get the 6"model?

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I did as it was replacing my current fan which was connected to a 6" x 18" carbon filter. I actually purchased this while my original Hydrofarm Active Air was still working. The old fan is now my backup fan. Think about this, what happens if your fan dies when your local hydro store is closed, no place else sells fans in your area and it is very hot. You could lose your crop or have it herm. Cheap insurance the way I figure it. I think that with my next grow I may purchase the Cloudline T6, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System With Temperature And Humidity Controller, 6-Inch to use in my 5' x 5' for my plants in flower and move the Cloudline S6, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System With Speed Controller, 6-Inch to my 3' x 3' veg tent. To answer your bigger question the 6" is fine up to a 5' x 5' according to the owner of the local hydro store. I also had that original 6" x 18" carbon filter stop filtering so I replaced it with a 6" x 24" carbon filter which seems better and quieter, I could be wrong about the quieter. Now I just need to take the time to dump the carbon out of the older filter 18" and replace it if I want to filter in the veg tent.

One more thing, the folks at AC Infinity have some really nice looking ducts. I have not purchased or used them but they appear well designed and made. See them here: https://www.acinfinity.com/ducting-clamps-grilles/. The ones I used to use were a pain to work with.
    Last edited by Organic357; 08-07-2019, 03:55 PM.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

Thanks, ✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• Organic357
        Organic357 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are very welcome Dude. My only complaint about the ducts is that they don't come in shorter lengths. The ducts I bought before I found these were very hard to work with. To clarify I should have been more clear by saying that they look very nice. I will correct the above to reflect that.
        Last edited by Organic357; 08-07-2019, 03:53 PM.

+1 AC Infinity fans. I have the S6 and it is noticeably quieter than a Vivosun brand fan with comparable CFM.
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• Organic357
        Organic357 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi ocgreen thank you for the welcome to this community. I hope that I can be a good member of the same. So far I appreciate that the members of this forum can have different opinions without trying to force them on others. People on both sides of an issue learn more when discussions remain civil. Now I just have to learn what it means to 'tag' someone in a forum as I believe I just did to you.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Tagging ensures the person receives a notification that you mentioned them in a comment. Useful when you want to bring someone's attention to a post/thread they're not following

• Organic357
        Organic357 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you ocgreen. I thought it might be something like that but now I know. I supposed that it can also be used when you want to make sure that the tagged individual sees your post, as in when you appreciate their answer.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X