Durban Poison disaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Durban Poison disaster.

My plants (I'm a newbie btw) were 3 weeks off harvest and had developed no trichomes that I could see, but overnight exhibited bud rot mold stuff - grey. Also all buds although large were full of seeds. WTF? I cut down and either discarded or dried. Any advice as to what I have done wrong would be greatly appreciated! have I harvested out of panic too early? Is drying now a waste of time?

It really is poison if you try to smoke that - Don't waste your time!!!!
    Poor air circulation - not enough light, it looks desperately thin.
    Take it as a learning lesson
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Eatnotheat
      Eatnotheat commented
      Editing a comment
      80cm x 80cm x 180cm tent
      coco
      LED x1 full spectrum, 1000W x100 bulbs

is that enouhj light?

Isn't that a sativa strain takes like 16 weeks to harvest

Comment

• Eatnotheat
      Eatnotheat commented
      Editing a comment
      you are right.

Without knowing the specifics of your equipment and your environment its hard to say exactly what went wrong and i hate to say this but i would start over. My first grow was trash so dont feel bad. I will say what it sounds like is that you have bud rot and that is caused from too much moisture. This can be because of poor air circulation, buds being too close together or just really high humidity. Your buds look kinda whispy as well so im wondering what lights you are using and how close they are to the plants.

As far as the seeds go, well there are a couple options. One, you have a male inside your flowering tent (or somehow male pollen made it into your grow). Two, one or more of the plants hermied and pollinated the plants. My bet is on the hermies as this can happen when the plant gets stressed. It happened to me once. I cant remember if it was heat or cold but it was one of those that caused it to get too stressed and grew male and female parts.

Comment

• Eatnotheat
      Eatnotheat commented
      Editing a comment
      I was growing in coco + tent 80cm square x 150cm using x1 LED (80cm x 80cm x 180cm tent
      coco, LED x1 full spectrum, 1000W x100 bulbs - was this enough light for x5 plants in amole sized breathable pots?

I think from what I have read that it is too much moisture = stress = hermiedism and pollenation. I wonder what the plants identify as?!

Comment

My first grow attempt was Durban Poison, so I feel like I can sympathize. After I went 12/12 they went from about 18" to over 5'. I didn't have seeds or mold, but the buds were long and light like yours, very foxtail looking.
      I recently saw a list of plants beginners should avoid that included Durban Poison. ( I thought it was in GWE, but can't find it now.) So it's not just us, The strain takes some experience to grow successfully. Like you, I wanted a sativa, and know I will give it another try.

Comment

• Eatnotheat
        Eatnotheat commented
        Editing a comment
        well V - I am going to grow DP again too!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X