Introduction and a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and a quick question

Had some trouble getting an account set up but Nebula Haze to the rescue!

Anyway, this is my first "grow" in forty years. Back then it was bagseed and a bushel basket with trash can liner. Due to marriage, kids, house and cars, and pee tests fer crying out loud I was forced out of the game for nearly thirty years.When I retired a well meaning friend gave me a bud. I promptly threw it in a drawer (sealed up real well) and forgot it. Two years later I decided it was time to end the celibacy and try it. Boy have things changed! I anticipated a good buzz after being clean so long but man oh man what a shock. Anyhow, I searched everything since then and found one viable seed. On a whim I threw it in a planter and waited. I have no idea of strain or anything but I did have some samples tested a while back and one of them was 24% THC. Would be nice if this was from that bag but I really don't know. Hopefully I can figure out pics.

So, the question...This is an outdoor grow. I can confirm SHE is in pre-flower and has been in ground (planter) since early June. (No real date as this was just messing around at the time) I know it is only the first week of August but I'm already concerned with frost. The earliest I've been dinged in my garden was September 9th. Not too far from now. I'm wondering the ramifications of moving her inside in the evening and back out in the morning. I may have something cobbled together for a grow space by then but best laid plans and all that. So will the moving mess up her cycle? If I did it sooner will it promote flowering? I started Fox Farms trio this week as I'm now getting more serious about this grow. So far so good.

Boy do I have questions for you all. I'll try to get them down in some semi-logical (to me) order and post later.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Congratulations on the success you have there and welcome. Frost in September ? I thought we had it bad yrs ago when the leaves were in full peak by September and gone by early October.
    i think the most important thing moving forward is to go and read on GrowWeedEasy.com and be well versed in the basics section.. it makes it very simple after that to move ahead and do so with confidence and positive yields. You will discover training techniques which will prove more than valuable.

Comment

Welcome to GWE ONT < abv. anyhow great job on your first plant ya made it this far. Ask away. You in USA i'm guessing, i'm in Oregon don't get frost till way later maybe even mid. Dec.? Is your plant showing hairs?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Welcome to this forum OlderNOTwiser - to answer your question - yes you can bring her in the house at night, I do. And if you want to speed up the flowering process - put her in a dark room, say around 8 - 9 o clock. Once you start that regimen you have to keep it up.
        Good luck growing - your plant looks great.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

When it pre flowers means it already approachimg critical point of bloom. Any change like bring in pre flower inside will likely enhance it switch. If you bring it in and want stay in veg use gas lantern theory.. Turn a light on few hours keep at night to break it sleep

Comment

In the states for sure. Used to be zone 5 but the new adjustments for the new climate have me in 6 something. It's not remotely correct when you take allowance for valleys and that would be me. A tiny valley but cold just seeks its own level. Yea, that one early frost still has me spooked. Been reading up on tents and lights and really intrigued by manifolds. Boy things have changed.

Comment

I'm afraid I misspoke on the pre-flowering. My bad. I have learned. It was showing gender...NOT yet pre-flower.

To quote Red Green: "I'm a man, I can change, if I have to." Switch learn with change and I think we're on the right track.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                yes those little calyxes showing gender can be called pre-flowers, like sww pointed out the plant is ready to flower as soon as 12 hours of darkness are provided, you can def bring inside for those 12 hours as long as you make sure the plant is is complete darkness, the plant will be ready in roughly 60 days, the frost wont be a problem because you are bringing the plant inside where its warm during the night

Hey that's OK next will come pre flower
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X