Strange Sugar leaf Mutations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Strange Sugar leaf Mutations

Anyone ever seen a mutation like this.? Sugar leaves have extended way outside of the bud sites with some that have only one and two fingers...! I've been growing for along time and never seen a strain grow like this. Anyway this is a Jack 47 Auto 5 weeks in... Check out the pics

Hi Onyx, I had some single leaves come out on one of my Sativa-heavy plants that I had defoliated on my last grow; if the buds are fattening up nicely, I wouldn't worry about it...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I see a lot of this this year,,,

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yes i was going to say that, this summer has been deadly hot and many(myself included) have had the same foxtailing issue, some of my plants grew very weird but actually did some buds, and other plants seem to be growing only new branches with tiny calyxes here and there

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
      Hi Onyx, I had some single leaves come out on one of my Sativa-heavy plants that I had defoliated on my last grow; if the buds are fattening up nicely, I wouldn't worry about it...
      That's what worries me, the sugar leaves are what's getting big and elongated while the buds seem to be stuck in a small state.! Its as if this plant is growing backwards... Know what I mean.? Its the weirdest thing I've ever seen.! The sugar leaves grew first and then the buds... Some of the stalks on these sugar leaves are 3"+ long and covered with sticky trichs.! Lol man its crazy

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I havent heard of that. Would have to know more bout the grow or u got bad genetics. Who is the breeder?

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      I see a lot of this this year,,,
      It's just the weirdest thing I've ever seen...! Like I mentioned in the above comment, some of these sugar leaves have stalks that are 3"+ inches long and covered with sticky trichs.! These sugar leaves are growing faster then the buds

Comment

Going to want to check your timer to make sure it is working properly, yoyr plant could be revegging.
        what's the temperature been high and low?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Nitrogen toxicity = elongated and deformed sugar leaves. And small bud formation....Esp with a darker green and shinier leaves.

Just a thought, it has happened to me before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
            Going to want to check your timer to make sure it is working properly, yoyr plant could be revegging.
            what's the temperature been high and low?
            The timer is spot on and working good... Temps are 79-82.! humidity is 45-51.! Idk why an auto would go into reveg mode? I just dont know at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
              Nitrogen toxicity = elongated and deformed sugar leaves. And small bud formation....Esp with a darker green and shinier leaves.

Just a thought, it has happened to me before.
              Hum.? Makes sense for sure.! But I started these girls at a very small dose and gradually went up each week and i'm not even close to what the recommended dose is... Im not sure what to do with this grow at this point.! Im thinking of just scrapping the whole grow really because I don't think there's no reversing of whatever going on with this plant

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                if it were nitrogen you would have clawed leaves all around the plant

• s62
                s62 commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t scrap it! You said you’ve got some great trichomes going, so use it for making extract or whatever. You can salvage this!

@s92, I just hate to waste my nutes on a plant that has mutated to the point of no return... And I dont have the tools for making any extracts or hash... The girl is still in the pot growing deformed bigger sugar leaves lol.! I've got a Red Poison Auto beside it taking the same nutes and its looking great.!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X