Baking a batch of fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baking a batch of fun

We're going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow and planning to bring a few trays of brownies. Should be fun 😎

Tonight we're making 2 batches of butter in crock pot: 1 batch with 1oz. of Cookies Kush per 2 sticks of butter and another batch using same amount of everything but with Northern Lights.

Any tips or fun edible stories to share?

Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190802_203218.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	327384

New plan: 2oz. per 2 sticks of butter because.... why not?

Decarbed at 250F for 45 min now in slow cooker on lowest setting for 10 hours
    Up next:

Comment

So let me get this strait, you're mixing weed and butter? I've never done anything like that but would love to learn how to. That's really cool you know how to make edibles. Should be a fun party, should play a game after you eat the brownies, something fun like twister.✌️
      ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

Yeah so there's a guide on here which says put your weed in the oven at 250F for 1 hour to "decarboxylate" (turn the THCA into the THC we know and love) then steep the decarb weed with the butter in a crock pot. THC goes into butter and then it's party time in the kitchen

This is my first time making
        Up next:

Comment

Ocgreen, sounds very cool, please keep in touch, I want to know how it goes for you. Looks good.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• ocgreen
            ocgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Ended up making 2 pretty big containers of cannabutter. Used ,like 10% to make 2 trays of hopefully potent brownies and looking forward to trying tonight. Will post photos when I'm not on mobile

I've only ever made butter once, and it tasted soooo bad that I've never bothered to do it again. ocgreen Happy Birthday to your friend, let us know how the brownies go down.

My next edible experiment is going to be jello shots made with a concentrated alcohol extraction.
          Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• ocgreen
            ocgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Jello shots sound like a lot of fun

Sounds very cool, I wish you the best of luck.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

First time making Cannabutter?! Yay for you! You will want to open all your windows, as both the decarbing and cooking are going to make your entire house smell like the back room of a head shop (not a bad thing, in my opinion -- and you do seem to catch a small buzz in the process). Also, the cardinal rule for baking with weed -- DO NOT SET YOUR OVEN HIGHER THAN 340 DEGREES. Any higher, and you might just as well have used plain ol' margarine. Alas, the voice of experience. With brownies, you can simply extend your baking time 5-10 minutes, no problem. I like to make brownie bark, which is just thinner batter baked on a sheet pan. I take mine out while it's still a little wet on top and add toppings (chopped pecans, walnuts, toasted coconut, crushed candy canes for Christmas, etc.), then return to oven to finish cooking. If you score the top while it's still warm, after cooling you can break it up in serving size pieces. Makes one batch of brownies go a long way! Good luck, and I can foresee you being the hit of your friend's party!

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              😂 bang on description of how my kitchen smelled last night. Bark sounds like a delicious idea for next time -- we baked some "plain jane brownies" (bad pun intended) this morning and excited to try them out tonight. Bark next time for sure

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              340 degrees is way too high for decarbing weed.

• ChefSheri
              ChefSheri commented
              Editing a comment
              I know! I meant the actual baked goods.

Very awesome post....✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

ocgreen Have you heard of the Ardent Nova decarb machine? It's a lot more precise than an oven for decarbing weed:

Name:	Ardent Nova.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	327811
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• WeirdWiredWolf
                WeirdWiredWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                I picked up a Nova and love it. No mess and the smell is minimal (only when opening it up at the end). You can also do small amounts of infused oil in it as well (decarb, then put the herb and ~1oz oil in a small jar back in for a second cycle).

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 2 of them and I use them to decarb trim for tincture

• stump
                stump commented
                Editing a comment
                I love my nova and magic butter machine also.

Happy to report the brownies were a hit! I ended up eating a few to really get a good buzz going but individuals with less tolerance ended up getting silly after just one.... or less!

Lots of fun stories to tell but in the interest of time will just say my favourite part was the live mariachi band... I quite simply have never enjoyed mariachi as much as I did that night... and there may be some photos of me dancing around with one of their massive hats on 😅

Anyways we made about 40 brownies and this is what was left by end of night 🤗

Name:	20190803_181215.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	328660

Have a great day all 😉
              Up next:

Comment

Ocgreen, that's awesome!!!!

It's always a good time when you can cut the mood and everyone just has fun. We need more of that now days to help everyone understand that we are all in the same boat, just trying to survive and do the best we can. Glad they were a hit and very cool if you too do that. ✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ocgreen Wonderful!! And the thing is, cultivating Cannabis and ingesting home grown herb produced the revolution in my thinking. The whole process of growing her with love transforms everything--both me and the bud. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between my home grown and what I used to get on the street. Hip hip hurrah for you and wife!!!!!

• WeirdWiredWolf
                  WeirdWiredWolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alltatup I like to think that I've become a better person since I started growing; can't put it into words, but there was something about bringing this plant all the way from old, thought to be nonviable seeds that were going to be tossed out--so yet another 'stray' given a second chance on my watch. These plants definitely know when they're respected and loved and return the favor.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @wierdwiredwolf I totally agree with the sentiment.

Oc,

Once people realize that cannabis is a medicine and not a drug, things will lighten up. It's really easy to get caught up in the madness of life especially when living in the city. One person at a time. People forget really easily that we come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing. What's left when you're gone is what kind things you did and helpful words. It's so simple but people = sheeple. It's like people have forgotten about life, if you look around now days everyone's looking at their phones and not reach other anymore, and now more than ever we need to be in contact with reach other to help or just to be there sometimes. Mentors are a dying breed my friend.✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• ocgreen
                  ocgreen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alltatup your point about humans not evolving at same rate as technology is something I ruminate about from time to time 🤔

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ocgreen Sometimes I think that two subspecies of homo sapiens evolved: one with a conscience and one without. Let's call that subspecies homo psychopathicus or homo trumpicus, and its members are greedy, competetive, destructive, ambitious and power-hungry; they love to dominate and they don't have feelings of connection to others. The other subspecies cares about other humans, other species and the natural world, and just plain old doesn't worship money. Sometimes it really seems this simple to me...

• WeirdWiredWolf
                  WeirdWiredWolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Homo Trumpicus"...I like that. Explains a lot actually...

My dad likes to say that as technology evolves, humans devolve. A friend uses maps on her phone for everything, even places we've been to before that are literally three blocks away--she can't navigate streets by landmarks at all. I know some people want to interbreed (for lack of a better term) humans and computers but IMO that can only end in disaster; I'm convinced that we don't grasp the full consequences of such a thing.

Alltatup,

Very cool analogy, and I couldn't agree with you more, other than the part of this bring a theory, I believe it's true. Maybe not meant to be like that but evolved like that due to position in life or surroundings or subcultures, that part is just a guess. I have zero idea how they sleep at night other than having zero remorse about anything. It literally blows my mind how a person can extend their have out to help and they take the whole hand, not what's in it. I have tried for years to try and believe that you just need to keep trying because they are so hurt and that's why they act as such. But I'm starting to not even lean, more like fall in the direction that it's some kind of mind block or another breed all together, and not the standard Alpha male or female. I was aloha for a long time but also cared about the pack, helping the weakest member versus EATING that member.. Hope everyone's having a good start to the day. I bet we could talk on this subject forever, and I would find it interesting.✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen, Dude. I really do believe that there are a lot more folks out there without a conscience than we tend to realize.

Peaceful thoughts Alltatup. I always remember to make sure I never turn into the people that are mean. Enjoy my amateur photography, happy Thursday, we are alive for another day to help and love... This world needs more mentors.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The beauty of Mother Nature.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X