Requesting advice on lighting arrangement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting advice on lighting arrangement

Hi there guys, I currently have 3 mismatched and awkward lights for my tent, and would LOVE your advice on how best to arrange them.
    I currently have a small 2×4×5 foot tent (perfect fit for my closet grow, an unfortunate limitation due to apartment living & Canada's 4 plant rule...) and 3 lights that I'm having a hell of a time cramming into the tent alongside fans, exhaust, filter etc. So the lights I have are:

1.) Mars Hydro TS 1000 Watt Full Spectrum LED
    ​​​​​​2.) Higrow 1000 Watt Double Chip LED
    3.) Phlizon 600 Watt Double Switch LED

I know that if I were a stranger looking at these 3 lights, I'd ask, "for the total price of these 3 lamps, which is about $450 CAD, you could EASILY have purchased and astoundingly nice Mars light that would blow the above combination out of the water, like a TSL 2000, or an SP 250, or.... sigh.... I know, I know! However, aside from the Mars light, which I literally just purchased received today, the other two were basically free in the end, sooo.... what can you say? No complaining...
    So now I have to figure out how to arrange them in my tent; not as easy as it sounds. Moreover, I have to ask the question, is this TOO many lights? I am including a couple photos attached of my tent setup BEFORE I received the Mars Hydro TS 1000 this morning. After receiving the Mars light today, I temporarily pulled out the other two lights to hang it, and I'll include a photo of that, too. Can anybody, taking into account the filter, exhaust, fans, etc., give me an idea to what the MOST effective arrangement would be to get the most out of my tent?
    {Total Actual Power Draw of All 3 Lights combined: 450 Watts}
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trevret; 08-01-2019, 06:43 PM.

I can fit 3 450 viperspectrum in a 2x4 tent. I have the exaust fan on the top of the tent with the carbon filter directly attached to it inside the tent. I fit small fans in opposite corners. I dont know what lights you have so it's hard to help. What total watts are your 3 lights actually pulling them from the wall.

My 3 are really overkill as I've had nice grows in the same tent with one. I just had to move and turn the plants daily to let the plants colas all get equal amounts of light. With 2 it was probably perfect. Was just trying to push the limits of my space to see. After 2 your yields will not be worth the extra cost of electricity and the extra heat to deal with. In veg I only ran the one. 3 Viperspectrum lights pull a bit over 600 watts.

You will just have to get creative.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

It seems like a lot of light, but the numbers the LED builders throw around are just B.S., 2600 REAL watts would incinerate a 2 x 4 space. I'd do a side lighting experiment with the littlest one and see if that adds anything to the yield.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Trevret
        Trevret commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks HappyDaze, I actually had the same thought in the end after playing around with it, and I
        hanged the smallest light by only two of the four hooks, thereby hanging it sideways, and lowering it to catch the sides of the plants. It seems to work like a charm! It especially works 'cause the little one (only 100 watts actual power draw) is the only one of the three with veg and bloom switches; if it gets to be too much I can always burn the blue lights only.
        Actual power draw for all three lights combined is 450 watts; hypothetically more than I need but my plants seem to be loving it. Now if only I can figure out why I cant get the ph of my runoff above 5, despite adjusting the nutrient feed before watering.. that'll be my next post...
        Last edited by Trevret; 08-03-2019, 01:18 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X