Will this seedling survive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this seedling survive ?

Right now, I am growing blue cheese auto from barney farm seeds outdoor and I germinated it with success and put it in soil and it is now 5 days old but a piece was cut from one true leaf and the two cotyledons were cut too. I think it was a bird because I saw feathers on the plant pot. So all the seedling was damaged except one true leaf as you can see from the pictures. My questions is will it survive and do I keep watering and caring for it I changed its place where the birds can't get to it and at the same time there is plenty of sunlight but will it survive or should I end it or no ?
    Thank you

Yes it can
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Are you sure? When can I see improvements and will it suffer from stunt growth or no ?

Comment

Give her a week or so to show you what she can do! If it was a bird, it was after a bug
        BTW she looks good to me! Grow on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          Give her a week or so to show you what she can do! If it was a bird, it was after a bug
          BTW she looks good to me! Grow on!!
          Ok man I will wait for it and I put on an anti-bug system it's really simple I got a large bowl and fill 1/4 of it with water and I put another tall bowl in this water and then I put the plant pot on this bowl and as I can see now any bug that tries to get to my plant will drown and now my bowl with water is full of dead bugs lol

Comment

Thats fine for crawlers, but not all crawl. I have grasshoppers/locusts which I have seen fly over 150 feet, and just one can devastate a small plant! Watch for moths as well, oh so many predators!

Comment

Thats fine for crawlers, but not all crawl. I have grasshoppers/locusts which I have seen fly over 150 feet, and just one can devastate a small plant! Watch for moths as well, oh so many predators!
              Nice info bro, I will keep my eyes on my plant and I will check it several times a day and hopefully I will see an improvement because I don't feel good about this seedling and do you know what shape it will take next if it completed growing with damaged leaves ?

Comment

It should grow in normal, I spend time every day smashing bugs!
                I lost 1 to a single grasshopper, ate every single leaf off, then full on sunshine dried it out,,,
                Hang in there, this happens to plants in the wild and they live!

Comment

It should grow in normal, I spend time every day smashing bugs!
                  I lost 1 to a single grasshopper, ate every single leaf off, then full on sunshine dried it out,,,
                  Hang in there, this happens to plants in the wild and they live!
                  Ok I would like to say that you were right guyss. I checked it today and there is another pair of leaves are growing and the plant seems okay and growing, such a strong plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X