Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody identify this (new?) problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody identify this (new?) problem?

Hi guys!! This post was previously published as a response to my last issue, for which I got tons of GREAT (!) advice; however it's a new problem in its own right, and I want more people to see the post and respond, so I decided to re-post it here as a standalone. My previous problem was diagnosed as a calcium deficiency, so, I went out to and got some Cal-Mag (actually what I got was called Pro Cal 2-0-0 by Green Planet), and fed with a product called Miracle Harvest, as well as Green Planet's MEDI ONE 4-3-3. Had a minor crisis when I tested runoff after feeding and found the water testing BELOW 4; panicked and furiously flushed with PH Up until things looked improved again, came to find out it was the organic MEDI ONE - I guess you're supposed to add a bunch of PH Up to the final, mixed nutrient solution BEFORE feeding, as MEDI ONE radically reduces the PH! You'd think it would say that SOMEWHERE ON THE BOTTLE (!!) lol, freaked me RIGHT out! Or why don't they ADD some PH solution to the product to begin with? Anyhoo, by next morning all was well, babies have been doing great, UNTIL this morning! Woke up and looked into my tent to find THIS - please see photos attached of splotchy colored leaf - now, thankfully this hasn't (yet) affected more than a couple leaves, however it has me concerned. I've been fiddling with lights, could it be light burn? I've got a couple lights right now, about to get a third. So far, I've got a 1000 Watt Higrow Double Chip LED, and a 600 Watt Phlizon. I've now ordered, and expect tomorrow, a 1000 Watt Mars Hydro TS because, after reading about it, couldn't say no! (despite abusing my poor bank account until it cries - I need help lol...). Because the tent is only 5 foot tall (and factor in lost height due to pulley, clips, wires etc.) I'm barely able to get 24 inches between the plant and light. Not bad for the Phlizon, but a bit close for the Higrow I think (or not, I dunno, that's why I ask) and tomorrow the Mars Hydro TS.
    So, if NOT light (I realize it's unlikely light, was just a thought) could it be the over-watering that came with the flushing after my panic? Or the PH! I won't water again for awhile as they're saturated already, so I cannot do a runoff test (previously I was advised to buy a soil PH tester - "cheap" sounds good; haven't found a cheap one I trust tho -I've already got one of those analog 3 way test meters, it's REALLY shite- don't trust it at all - and my budget is ALREADY burned). Anyway if you guys could give me your thoughts? Thanks! Aside from the leaf issue, here's some more pics of where my girls are at - today is their 4 week birthday yaaaayyy!!✌😁

Looks like PH flux spotting. I had the same problem, once you get your water PH on a consistent line it will stop. The damage will not though.

Comment

• Trevret
      Trevret commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks FatBoy40, appreciate the help!

plants arent perfect they will always have a yellow brown or spot as long as they are growing healthy is normall

Comment

• Trevret
      Trevret commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Sww, I tend to think the same way, and as long as it remains isolated to a few leaves, I'm okay with it. Just having stepped outside to check on my lovelies, however, I'm seeing a bit of a continuation of the problem, look at this {see attached photos below} Getting concerned!

Anybody think this is continuation of same? Thanks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X