Parts/whole leaves yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Parts/whole leaves yellowing

Not sure what’s going on but I have 4 to 6 leaves turning yellow in random spots lower on the plant. In the video, which was taken last night, you can see some of the full yellowing leaves, and 1 leaf that is half yellow and wilting almost. In another picture, you can see the same leaf, but taken on the 27th. Not sure if it’s heat damage or what but I feel like if it was, it would be more widespread and closer to the top? The temp has been consistently 76-82F with the exception of one day hitting 85. (It was almost 103 with the heat index) The picture of the bud, has a foxtail looking spire popping out the side, can anyone confirm this is what this is? I know typical flowering cycles are anywhere from 6-10 weeks and I’m about there but this isnt showing anything I’ve seen in other pics of near-harvest plants. I appreciate any help and advice in advance!!

Plant details: This is my first grow! Mystery seed, started the flowering cycle around the 30th of May, pistils formed June 8th. Soil, not many nutrients, LED full spectrum. No LST, just topped it one time when I read I could do that... lol I know better for next time!! Video won’t upload to imgur for some reason, I’ll get an up to date pic tonight. Since you can’t see in the video... the other leaves are entirely yellow, no brown, no kinds of spots.
    ~~Ganja

Most plants start getting yellow close to harvest. You said you are growing in soil with not many nutrients so thats might be the cause as well.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Also take pics in natural light so we can see them

Comment

• OneWithGanja
        OneWithGanja commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m about to flip my lights on now, I’ll grab a few pics in about 10 mins, with just the light from my camera. Hoping nothing serious is going on. But that little chunk of bud and pistils popping out is what is worrying me.

Comment

Comment

Just got a quick snap with the Nikon and was able to zoom enough to get a halfway decent pic of the trichomes. Burnt or amber like they’re almost ready?

Comment

I think that first pic is a foxtail from your heat stress. Yellowing might be from lack of nitrogen but your so far along into flowering i dont think you can do much about it. I grow in hydro so i dont know much about soil.

Comment

• OneWithGanja
              OneWithGanja commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I was guessing. I didn’t figure I’d have a nitrogen deficiency though. It’s never happened before and I’ve done literally nothing different. Oh well though, I’m guessing, by checking out the trichs, I’ve only got a week or so left before I’m needing to harvest. Done a lil research on checking trichs and that one pic I posted of the trichs is on a sugar leaf. Trichs on the bud itself are looking just a bit less cloudy. Is growing with hydro hard? I mean, any more difficult than soil?

• Cloud
              Cloud commented
              Editing a comment
              I think its all the same. just different grow style

Cloud Also, should I remove the yellowed leaves or just leave em? Didn’t HAVE TO cut a single leaf this whole grow.. thought I was doing pretty decent for my first time. 😂

Comment

You are good with a week out. Just let the plant do its thing
              You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• OneWithGanja
                OneWithGanja commented
                Editing a comment
                Will do. I appreciate the help, y’all! Buds smell really good and are super sticky so I’m hoping for some decent stuff. Got some more seeds coming in a few days. Gonna do a whole lot different!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X