Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Watering plants 2 times a day in Coco Coir

Hello,
    I started 10 plants from seed in Coco Coir I was told to wanter the plants 2 times a day and not to let the Coco Coir to dry out.
    So I gave it a shot on 4 of my plants and those 4 plants are much bigger tban the rest so now I have been watering 2 times a day and they all have been growing very fast.
    Out of the ten plants 2 our showing the leaves curling. Up.
    So if watering 2 times a day is bad why are the other plants growing very fast?
    See photos
    The photo of the 4 plants are the test ones that I watered 2 times a day.
    Any info from growers growing in Coco Coir would be helpful.
    Im using. the General. Hydroponics. Flora 3 part.
    Under a 1000w MH

Neither way is bad. They are both just options for how to fertigate your plants. With less frequent feeding events providing practicality and simplicity and the higher frequency offering better growth and performance, at the cost of practicality and simplicity. After all if it were easier then it would be universally adopted.

Higher frequency events allow the substrate characteristics to be more consistant, with factors such as PH, mineral concentration and ratio to drift much less and allow the most optimal conditions for the roots to access air, water and minerals. High frequency drain to waste is about the most efficient and effective method for growing plants.

Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

The 1 plant that the leaves are curling up what could that be as Im keeping ph good ppm good temp good so the last thing I could think of because they are growing so fast maybe its root bound so I took the plant out and see photo of roots let me know what you think.

Comment

• quietlybinary
        quietlybinary commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Stevepmd I have not heard of watering twice before. For any plant in general, if I have to water the plant twice a day, the container is too small or the temperature is too high. https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-oft...ater-coco-coir

• Obi-Wan
        Obi-Wan commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think your upward leaf curl has anything to do with your watering practices. IMO it’s much more likely that it’s a response to their proximity to the light source or a fan.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X