Things around the house that can be useful in garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things around the house that can be useful in garden

Hey everyone hope is well. I wanted to share my experience with current project. It’s not new to the world just new to me. Anyway being poor requires me to have find another way to do things such as cloning and the fact that most people will say to keep it humid but there are disagreements on the subject. Anyway I was gathering jars around the house to prepare for harvest time and the next day ended up cutting several clones and decided to put them in the jars instead. I soaked peat and Rockwool in water and drained excess. I mixed in jar to provide water and humidity and then put the clones in and put on lid. I was thinking about doing something similar for my seeds but need more jars. You can use so many things you have in your kitchen salsa, jelly, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise to name a few. What I hoping to achieve is to provide the babies with better protection while they are so young. I would also like to see a faster rooting rate but not a huge deal as long as they root. I have other things around the house I use for different places. Take those plastic containers with lids or cake trays with lids both make great diy humidity trays. So let’s this post about things around your house that would work in gardens.

I have been using the old wire hangers cutting them to size, then make U shaped holders out of them and use them for LST on my plants.
    Attached Files

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely they would great for training

If you are in a jam and need a fabric pot quick? Take two pillow cases and put one inside the other, fill up with your grow media to desired hight then roll down remainder of pillow case to soil level and pin. Plant and your growing .
    Last edited by Colombo; 07-30-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I use old fence wire to surround the pots, gives something to tie to. Coffee cans for scoops, ice cream sticks for markers, tops and bottoms of 55 gallon food grade plastic drums for drip pans, the rest made 2 raised beds per drum. Just filled the second yesterday, put it on top of a year old rooster with 2 bananas, some blood meal, dolomite, peat moss,,,,,

Comment

I have never owned a air pot to truly compare but my own homemade air pot works great. Just cheap plastic like when you buy a plant at Walmart the container it comes in. Just make your own holes all over and plant. Compared to my fabric pots the two in plastic are a few inches bigger and roots everywhere. I would assume a 5 gallon bucket would work also just a little harder to make hole.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X