Drying with lights on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying with lights on

Is it OK for me to use the top part of my tent, above my light, to hang dry my partial harvest while the light is on? Or does it need to be dark.
    Also, is it truly beneficial to turn your lights off for 24-hours before harvest to increase terpenes?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

You don't want them to dry too quickly. I prefer to hang mine in a cool dry and dark room with a fan just moving the air. Not aimed on the buds themselves. Usually takes about a week to 10 days before I jar them.

Comment

Light will degrade the THC of your harvest. It is generally best to dry in the dark.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, that’s what I needed to know! Lights off it is

I have the best results keeping them in a darkened building keeping the humidity at 60% and the temps between 65 and 70 degrees for around 7 days then it's time for jarring and curing.
      Good luck and happy growing.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Currently sitting at 75 degrees and 59 RH. I’d like the humidity a bit lower, but that’s the best my dehumidifier will do.

I rigged up a box with rows of string running across top and hung it above light. I hang colas on string. The box keeps light from plants and carbon filter keeps odors down which has been an issue for me when drying. As long as temps stay reasonably low ,it works fine.

Comment

Im getting close to harvest myself, what is the preferred temp to dry at?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          60-68 F
          Above 70F and taste will be less than premium
          Rh 45-55%

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X