X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP-yellow/dying leaves

Outdoor 5g smart pot happy frog soil
    ph at runoff had been low but seem to have fixed
    feeding 1/3-1/2 strength FF nutes every other and just added a little cal mag bc I had little brown spots on leaves and thought maybe I had a calcium deficiency too along with low ph.

Leaves get yellow at tips first then spread to stem and die.

I have a lot of pistils and preflower happening and have started putting it in closet at nite for 12/12

any advice on what to do from here?

Your bag is too small, for starters.
    I would go to AT LEAST a 10 gallon grow bag, I personally use 25 gallon bags.
    Or I would have before it went into bud and I probably still would in your case.
    Happy Frog is good starter soil but it doesn't have the nutrients needed, you say you're using 1/3 to 1/2 suggested , is there a reason for this?
    When i used Fox Farms products I never had an issue going full strength but now that things are progressing into budding it's time to cut down on the nitrogen and pump up the rest.
    I really would move it to a bigger pot, add some perlite and vermiculite to the Happy Frog to improve drainage, give her a nice heavy watering and add full strength nutes, then start cutting back on the nitrogen ( the N in NPK), maybe add some Terpinator, definitely get some Beastie Bloom by Fox Farms and start changing over to bud nutes from veg nutes.
    Good luck !

Comment

Some ppl forget the plant get bigger it needs more water and feed why you put they in bigger pots

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah 20% of the volume of the container is a good amount.

If you have made corrections/adjustments, give the plants some time to recover before you do anything that could jeopardize the grow. Most damaged leaves do not recover. The new growth and the overall plant condition is what you are watching for any changes, for the good or the bad. Green center growth and no dying leaves. Your water feed will pick up as they will take up more water/feed as they go through flower. Water and feed your plants. You should be fine. Your plants look quite nice really ! Good Luck Good Growing !!

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah your plants are looking quite healthy, but you can make them look better. You have the time for improvement.

Thanks all
      she was thirsty today
      so i upped my nutrients to full strength and more flower nutrients. Gave her plenty of water so there was good runoff too.

Will water her with just phd water in 2-3 when she is ready. With only a 4 nights of 12/12 her pistils have really amplified and can see good budlets forming

can you recommend when I should defoliate or lollipop some more?

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds like you have things going in the right direction. Good luck with your finish !! If you can keep a Grow book of your problems and corrections and overall grow for future reference. It comes in handy. Good Growing !!

cannabis-plant-training Read this and and do a little at a time if its your first grow and you should be fine. Just remember you can't put back what you took off. Every one does it differently (preference) but usually 3 wks in you can give a nice trim. Good Growing !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X