outdoor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoor help

hello growers, so i'm still having bug problems despite all my efforts, but I also think there may be other issues, take a look, and let me know what you think.
    thanks, john

cannabis-symptoms-pictures This should help with your problems. From the pictures you have a few issues going on. 1) The spider mites, neem oil in a 1 gallon pump sprayer as per directions on mist to get under the leaves real good, spray at sundown. Break the soil up on the surface about 4" to help with seapage and put organic fertilizer as a top dressing and mix in real good. Put some garden black fabric mulch on the ground around your plant to creat a barrier.(the diameter of plant) Give your plant a good watering . Neem once a week. as well as the fabric mulch. When the mites are gone, Still spray it . Good luck Good Growing !!

Comment

Colombo, first of all, thanks for your reply! question, what is the purpose for the garden black fabric mulch? weed prevention?

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        The fabric becomes a barrier that bugs do not like crawling on and keeps the weeds away that bugs transfer from. Bugs that try to transfer from the ground are kept below. Neem sprayed on it helps kill bugs above and larve below the barrier. Helps retain moisture too. Try trimming some plants that are in contact with or around your plant so there is less chance for transfer. In the future you may want to try fabric pots on a rack for your outdoor grow, more control on what goes in it Anyway, an ounce of protection is one more ounce at harvest or more. Hope this helps in your decision. Good Luck. Good Growing !!

I would recommend using Dawn dish soap and water or with a combination of natural oils rather than NEEM oil .
      A recent study points towards NEEM oil as a cause for Cannabinoid Hypermesis (sp?) Syndrone, which can make people quite ill.
      Blow them with a leaf blower a couple times a day to keep the bugs from keeping their foothold, spray with whatever you decide on every 3 or 4 days for a couple weeks and you should be able to get things under control.
      If you have questions about what's wrong with your plants there is a very nice forum on the home page with sick plants and how to help them, you should check it out, it's very helpful.

I just took a look at your soil in your photos, you need to add some perlite to that, your soil is way too heavy and can cause nutrients lockout and promote all sorts of nasties including root gnats and fungus.
      Last edited by VtGreen1965; 07-28-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

thanks guys, i appreciate your help. about my soil, before i planted her, i dug a hole about 3'wide and 3'deep, then mixed 1/3 organic soil with 1/3 chicken shit, and 1/3 dirt. do you still think i should add perlite, and how would i do that? also, i couldn't find fabric mulch at the home depot, would regular brown mulch help? I have also read bad things about neem oil, but i read its good to use different types of insecticides, so i sprayed with spinosad, then 3 days later, the neem. should i repeat that? shes starting to preflower, so i'm not sure about using the neem again. any thoughts?

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          johnb1963 Thats a lot of chicken shit! Was it fresh or cured?

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Straw or pine needles. Regular wood mulch draws bugs that are not wanted. Pine needles are better, straw is ok. Fabric mulch comes in a roll. Best.

Here this will help. And if you havent sign up for the weekly newsletter.
        Spider mites are a common cannabis pest that can be very difficult to get rid of. Learn how to spot and treat at the first signs of these nasty pests.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

You should hit them a couple more times, most treatments can be used up until the last couple weeks, I do at least 3 or 4 treatments 3 to 4 days apart.
          With a larger grow like ours it makes bug treatment a never ending thing outside, I can't wait to open the new indoor grow building.

Comment

I'm an outdoor grower it's the nature of the beast with any garden. Just don't bring it indoors.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You'll never get rid of them all outdoors but you can keep them under control so you don't lose your entire crop.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have sprayed neem oil 3x a week. So can't get rid of them. They are taking over. 😞

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X