Maximize yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximize yield

Hay guys my partner and I are having some trouble. He says higher yield off of a bunch of small plants I say higher off of a few very large. Let’s just say I have a 10x10 room with 4 1000 watt de. We have been running 5 gal pots and flowering at about 2 feet. I want to run 4 in 25 gallon pots super crop them like I do outside he wants to drop to 3 gallon and veg for 2 weeks. I know smaller is faster and we will be able to squeeze one more harvest out of the year. But I also know I can pull 3 to 5 pounds off of a plant if allowed to mature. What are your thoughts. FYI we will be running one of each with full documentation.

That's a problem I'd like to have.
    Me - I'd go with the scrog - veg for more than 3 or 4 months and just spend time training and trimming and learning.
    Every grow is an experiment - you guys have done the photoperiod plants the way everyone has done - try something different.
    And if your mate wants something faster - autoflowers.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

That is a very old question. I'm assuming you are talking about switching clones at 2 weeks veg? Still really iffy. But certain strains you can start from the get go on 12/12. If using clones having lots of smaller plants can produce the same amount of bud very quickly. While vegging for months van produce the same amount or more but over a longer period of time. So figure out what works for you. If starting from seed I'd veg 2 months and grow fewer plants. If cloning try alot of smaller plants with a faster turn around but with little training or none at all as it will slow them down enough that you lose the advantage.

In the end do what works for you
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Hay thanks guys. I would love to figure out how to post pics on here and do a grow journal for both grows so we can all see the difference.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X