New growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New growth?

Can someone tell me what the light green areas on my bud are? It looks like it’s putting out new stigmas, too. Does the bud want to keep growing, or is it likely just stigmas, or is it nothing. This bud (plus another 1-2 like it) kept me from harvesting last night for fear of cutting my yield short. But my trichs are ready.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Looks like the start of some foxtailing. If your trichomes are ready then I'd cut her down. Great looking bud btw

Comment

They are fattening up.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thank you both for your responses. I definitely don’t want fox tails. I definitely do want fattening up. Other opinions?
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

if the trichomes are ready the bud is ready in my book, but furley is right, those late rounds of pistils mean new calyxes are forming too, some strains never stop throwing new pistils so just focus on the trichomes

Comment

Agree with 9fingerleafs. If the trichomes on the buds are ready, harvest.

Comment

Man, I guess it’s better to have your high dialed in than it is to have more quantity. What a choice to have to make! You guys have all the experience, however, so I guess I’m chopping it!
              Gorilla 3x3
              LEC 315
              Kind Soil

Comment

The first plants is the hardest.
                The personal decision gets easier after the first one is in the pipe, if your Tricromes look how you want it ......chop chop and let germinate some seeds.
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Mr.furley was absolutely right (no surprise there): the first plant and first cut was the hardest! Took me forever to decide on a cola and to cut it. I ended up doing a partial harvest of all the buds that had amber. Ended taking down between 15-20% of my total, if I had to guess. Trimmed off everything that didn’t have trichomes, and hung them up at the top of my tent. Popped a couple of small buds off to dry for a few days as a sampler.
                Thoughts, feedback, questions, etc.?
                Gorilla 3x3
                LEC 315
                Kind Soil

Comment

Did a bit more harvesting last night. Maybe 40% or so complete?
                  Gorilla 3x3
                  LEC 315
                  Kind Soil

Comment

Personally I've found if you do a wet trim of all of your buds right after harvest, it makes life a lot easier. Dry trimming takes way more time. That's if you plan to trim any further... Nice looking haul so far!

Comment

• s62
                      s62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the advise! My plan this time is to trim off anything without trichomes when I first harvest. That way, when I go back to do the dry trim, ALL of the trim will be candidate for the rosin press. That said, because it’s my first grow, I think I’ll experiment with wet vs dry trims some too, just to see what I like more.

Harvest complete! Took awhile, but I got finished chopping my plants. No idea the total yet, but it took 14 coat hangers, each with 6 branches/stems attached. Some buds were larfy as hell, whereas others where big and dense. My biggest regret is that not all of the larfy/lower buds were ready for the harvest yet. Some still had clear trichs and white stigmas. But I don’t have any room to dry separate of the tent, and I need to move on with my next grow. Here’s a few pics. I’ll update with more pics and yield!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by s62; 07-29-2019, 08:02 AM.
                    Gorilla 3x3
                    LEC 315
                    Kind Soil

Comment

Very nice looking buds my friend. I just hope you didn't harvest too soon. PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. I know it's hard.

Comment

• s62
                        s62 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope not too! The only way I could have matured the larfy Is to have Done a partial harvest. I had Amber trichomes on most of my colas. However, I don’t have the space to do a partial harvest right now. So I just went ahead and did the whole thing.

Looking good and just learn from what you are doing. Due to logistics most people harvest the whole plant all at one time. If your top buds are where you wanted them you will be happy once its cured.
                      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
                        s62 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ve learned SO MUCH from this grow. I mean, I literally went from knowing nothing to now knowing quite a lot (with much, much, much more to learn)! And I’m actually pretty happy with some of the mistakes I made; I learned a lot from them. I think my second grow will be that much better.

Just writing because I’d like a little feedback about my drying setup (as pictured in this post). I’ve got everything arranged as shown in the picture. Nothing is touching. 6 branches per clothes hanger. Humidity ~55%, temp ~70 F. Forced air intake (from dehumidifier), active exhaust, and mini-fan to circulate air. No air directly blown on buds.
                      Im just a bit worried about spacing. Things are a little tight, but I’m hoping my conditions make up for that, as they’re near perfect. Feedback?
                      Gorilla 3x3
                      LEC 315
                      Kind Soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X