Everything stealth growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything stealth growing

Wanted to get a thread going dedicated to stealth. Not seeing a way to search if this exist. Just wanted to post some of my experiences so far and others do the same.

I would like to get a collection going of various strains that don't put out much odor for indoors (for non air filter setups). Plants that can grow short and blend in outdoors. Various ways to dry and cure with keeping the odor down and much more.

All tips, tricks and advice are welcomed.

Right now I am using a 2x4x8 closet with no air filter with 3 medium size lavender plants 30 days into flowering. Can't smell a thing until you actually walk into the room and even then non smokers take a minute to notice it. I don't ever plan to use a carbon scrubber. Wasn't sure at first, but being able to grow what is looking like several oz in a closet with no odor or filter has me convinced I won't need one. I did have to move an auto outdoors though because at 4 weeks old I could smell it before coming in the room.

Have some autos outside blended between various fruits and veggies. Spent a bit training to keep the height down under 2ft and make kind of a circle with almost all buds at an angle to get max light.

Peppers, mint and rosemary have to be the top 3 crops I have seen so far that work best to blend in. With mint and rosemary once it grows some and it's almost tall enough, you top it and now it's bushy and covers so much better. If you want to avoid people peeking over a fence then put rosemary in a 3g or 5g pot between the fence and plant.

I'll keep it simple for now and see if anyone else is interested in this first before adding photos and more.
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-23-2019, 01:08 PM.

Hi MH, I'd look up odor-free cannabis strains online if I had to worry about odor. I think the outdoor growing with aromatic herbs like rosemary and basil is a very good idea.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how it all blends in outside and you can't even see it. Adding photos tomorrow morning

I’m definitely interested in stealth growing. Post pics, etc.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Super busy last couple days, but off tomorrow and will add a bit of photos.

I have a 2x4 tent in my living room my land lord has been in my apartment 4 or 5 times he was here today and will be back replacing windows.
    My mates that come over and know i grow are allways surprised the first time they see it because they didn't know what to look for.
    honestly I have allways been 1 to commit a crime out side the police station. u would be surprised what u can hide in plain sight by not hiding anything at all.
    I use 2 carbon filters and grow in aeroponics growing autos on 24 so the light burns off alot of the smells. but If u didn't grow weed u would never know what u are looking at.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I tried the basil thing and the odors of weed were RIDICULOUSLY strong. On the other hand, the basil seems to love it and all 8 varieties grew like mutants. But as for covering up... did nothing for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	2FD66772-4D23-4444-A721-7F1D71CF2B4F.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	324682Click image for larger version

Name:	C1C8B4E8-F1D4-4207-9E6C-34F7A480EA32.jpeg
Views:	582
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	324683

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup, I had filled 5 one gallon bags with basil and the lime one was so true to lime it was amazing. Lemon was like lemons but weak. The rest was pure Italian basil. eBay 8 variety pak was about 4.00 for several hundred seeds of each

• MmmHmmml3
        MmmHmmml3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Indoor right? Well the basil looks awesome. I find the strain really does the most when it comes to odor. So far I have grown Auto Duck and Lavender inside without filters and no real odors. Early Durban is next, has a pretty sweet smell now, but it's still small.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        @MmmHmmmI3 yes indoor but a Rubbermaid tote with 15 3” net pots and NEGLECTED . I couldn’t get back to it to add water so by the 3rd month, it had an inch of water in it

Where is the plant? Pepper plants make such good cover and you also get some amazing peppers to eat. The auto behind it was trained to stay fairly short. Last photo is how it looks trying to peek over the fence. Added 2 better pics of the actual plant.
      Attached Files

Comment

I gotta ask, what have you got against carbon filters? ....... No smell, no sell, no tell = no cell.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, I use a MASSIVE filter (and fan) relative to my little 3x3 tent. No smells outside of tent whatsoever.

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have nothing against them at all. If it's within the budget then sure, but it would be towards the bottom of my list. IMO it all depends on what you plan to do and how much you want to grow. I didn't get one because I wanted to try low odor or fruity strains first, but I see many people who simply can't afford it or trying to do a budget stealth grow and wanted to give them options since we already know a filter for sure works well.

It's only the first grow, but I am convinced I will not need one as long as a stinky plant can be moved outdoors which it can. This might happen now because I bought some heavier odor strains to get more options for breeding like Master Kush, Power Plant and Purple Bud.
          Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-27-2019, 03:30 PM.

This is the grow room with 3 Lavender plants about 40 days into flowering. No odor until you actually step into the room and the door is open at least a little bit. I can see seeds being developed since pollinating with Northern Lights Special which should make for a nice low odor indica dominant citrus scented bud.
        Attached Files

Comment

Growing outdoors and have new neighbors so I went to Dollar Store and bought some artificial flowers. I twistie tied to branches, instant cannabis camo. Doesn't do anything for the smell, but confuses the hell out of friends and family.( Hopefully new neighbors too).

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea. I am going to try a photo strain soon that basically runs along the ground like a large flux. I've seen people put fake tomatos that hang.

Any other crops in the area to blend it in? Peppers were surpsingly easy. Around the same pH levels, nutes, training, etc..
            Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-27-2019, 10:42 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X