No announcement yet.

Anyone good at looking at trichomes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Anyone good at looking at trichomes?

Hello!

I think my first grow is nearing harvest, and I was having a look at the trichomes to see if I could identify the clear/cloudy ones - obviously only using in conjunction with looks at the hairs on the plant, but out of interest wondered what people thought of these pictures - can they be used to properly identify the cloudiness of the trichomes? Is it ready for harvest based on these pictures?

Thanks!

I'd love to know what device you are using to capture those???

As for your question, I'm new at examining them, but those look like they could go a few more days and check again. But it depends on what kind of 'high' you are looking for.

For example, I'm growing Blue Cheese Purps right now, and my grow time for flowering calls for 7-9 weeks. But at 7 weeks, you start looking at the trichomes, depending on what kind of high I'm looking for, you let goa few more days and check again, or chop and hang. The biggest thing I've read is; a few days longer is not going to change things too much, but an extra week, will be a big difference.

Here some good links with images I've found that I'm following.

Here you have a translation of an article from TGA Subcool about the harvest of cannabis plants. Both the effect and taste of marijuana are directly related to its harvesting time. How to know which is the perfect time for harvest? What are trichomes and how to harvest plants depending on their colour? How to maximize your crops according to the desired effect? Here you have the answers to all these questions, with examples and personal experiences...Subcool

Introduction to Trichomes, Terpenes, and Terpenoids Every human body is built with an Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which manages our biological functions such as fertility, pain, appetite, mood, and memory. The ECS functions as a lock and key system, and when cannabinoids (the keys) are ingested, they interact with cannabinoid receptors (or locks) that naturally occur ... Keep reading..

Flywheel is managed WordPress hosting built for designers and creative agencies. Build, scale, and managed hundreds of WP sites with ease on Flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardek View Post
      I'd love to know what device you are using to capture those???

As for your question, I'm new at examining them, but those look like they could go a few more days and check again. But it depends on what kind of 'high' you are looking for.

For example, I'm growing Blue Cheese Purps right now, and my grow time for flowering calls for 7-9 weeks. But at 7 weeks, you start looking at the trichomes, depending on what kind of high I'm looking for, you let goa few more days and check again, or chop and hang. The biggest thing I've read is; a few days longer is not going to change things too much, but an extra week, will be a big difference.

Here some good links with images I've found that I'm following.

Here you have a translation of an article from TGA Subcool about the harvest of cannabis plants. Both the effect and taste of marijuana are directly related to its harvesting time. How to know which is the perfect time for harvest? What are trichomes and how to harvest plants depending on their colour? How to maximize your crops according to the desired effect? Here you have the answers to all these questions, with examples and personal experiences...Subcool

Introduction to Trichomes, Terpenes, and Terpenoids Every human body is built with an Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which manages our biological functions such as fertility, pain, appetite, mood, and memory. The ECS functions as a lock and key system, and when cannabinoids (the keys) are ingested, they interact with cannabinoid receptors (or locks) that naturally occur ... Keep reading..

https://honestmarijuana.com/trichomes/
      Just a cheap endoscope hooked up to a macbook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WD843ZM

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look !

Comment

Lots of clear, some cloudy and no amber trichomes - a week, 10 days maybe more.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hi Axis, Could you post a picture of the buds and the whole plant? Really hard to tell just from those pics. I look at the trichomes, but I wait until all the stigmas have turned brown and curled in. https://www.growweedeasy.com/ready-for-harvest-pictures
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stigmas = pistils?

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            s62 Yes, most folks call them pistils. The pistil is the reproductive part of the flower, and the stigma is the hair that comes out of it.

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fascinating! I’ll be calling them stigmas from here on. Thanks for the point of info!

s62 I'm not an expert on cannabis botany, but I like to call things by their right name and I'm interested in all the parts of the beloved cannabis plant. After much searching through lots of unclear, unhelpful pictures, I found this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stigma.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	324441

And I read this:

"The difference between stigma and pistil is that stigma is the sticky part of a flower that receives pollen during pollination while pistil is a discrete organ in the center of a flower capable of receiving pollen and producing a fruit. It is divided into an ovary, style and stigma."

The style is a longer tube in other flowers that connects to the ovary, so the pollen travels down and through the style and pollenates the ovary and we get--yikes!!!--seeds. You can see that the style is quite short in a cannabis calyx. Fascinating stuff...
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Super useful picture, thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X