Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro help please

I have an aeroponics set up with one seedling. Ww.fem

18gal blue tote 400gph pump pvc pipe and 360 sprayers I taped around the lid onto the container to prevent leaks but when I check my plants the floor is damp. Is this condension and how can I fix this problem

Howdy tyler_hobbyist, can You post any photos of the setup. If You have sprayers or misters inside of the tote, the water that You are seeing could be either spraying out from under the tote lid, or collecting on the underside of the lid and dripping out. Most all of the totes do not have an air tight seal when the lids are 'popped' on (except for those expensive fancy ones with four snap latches and o-ring seals on them). With out seeing the set up, You might be able to attach a drip/ spray guard by attaching (to the bottom side of the lid, just inside of the interior wall of the tote) either aluminum foil, or plastic, or even duct tape to prevent the spray/mist from dripping out thru the lid. ?? Just a thought.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank u very much I duck taped the lid to the container and it seems to be ok now

Comment

Great! here is a sketch of what I intended to imply (I think??)
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I got the same problem i am growing with aeroponics love the results. i use 3.5 gallon round buckets on top of a 6 gallon res I had to use a snap on lid to stop the water in my tent. If u want good black totes I use Ziploc weather sheld black totes they have a seal around the lid and clip down. I would also try and use foam weather strip for Windows and stick it to the underside of the lid where it meets the tub and after time it will smush into a good seal.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Thank you very much I got another question? Is it normal for the ph to fluctuate from 5-6.5 every single day??? I'm having this problem and I think it's effecting the growth, what do you guys think? I'm new to hydro

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are You using R/O or distilled water? Seams that the folks that use them have problems with pH fluctuation. First of all, the container or reservoirs are usually made of one kind or a plastic or a combination of plastics. The plastic, for a while, will affect the pH stability until what ever absorption or leaching settles down and then the pH is relatively easy to maintain. I only check the pH when mixing the nutrients and water. I check the 'run off' or drainage pH to see how the plants are taking up the nutrients (the pH will change as the plants absorb the nutrients). Early on, in my growing, I would chase the elusive pH numbers up and down until I nearly killed off my plants! Since then, I let the pH fluctuate (within range, 5.5 to 6.5) and the plants seamed to like it better.

Comment

Was planted from seed on july9th includes germination. Does this growth seem normal?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X