Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Plants are drooping after watering

Hello,
    My plants are drooping right after watering and want to know if this is normal.
    one plant is in a 5 gallon fabric pot and the second plant is in a 1 gallon yello pot.
    I P.H the water to 5.8 ppm is 400 room temperature is at 26.
    I water untill I have about 20% run off.

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Steve

Do they perk back up?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yes the plants come back in about 3 hours or so.. I just need to know if this drooping is slowing the growth of tbe plants.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as they bounce back you should be fine.
        How often do you water?

I have been watering every other day.

Comment

Here is a photo of the plant right now, they have perked up now and the light has not come on yet.

Comment

it's fine. I water every day. a little droop is fine as long as it's temporary and there are no other signs of trouble. They look a little small still, perhaps try a little less water until the roots are filling up the pots. I do about a pint when they;re that size, maybe 1.5. Every day.

just a guess
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Stevepmd
            Stevepmd commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Cronk,
            Thanks for that info. I did a watering with alittle less water and so far so good no droop, I was on youtube and this cannabis grow who has been using Coco for a long time is telling me the droop is because im letting tne Coco to dry out to much he is recommending watering 2 times a day if possable but water everyday.

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            perfect

Hey Cronk,
          I have a question. For you I see you grow in Coco and you have a automatic top feed into Coco how big is you resiour.

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            It's 20 gallons filled to about 15. I have this system dismantled right not because It's too hot where I grow to run a res without bacteria issues. hand watering now

I water 2times a day. Ur ppm is low imo. I bet they don't droop if watered with a higher ppm. In flower I water 3-5 times a day when work allows.

Comment

Hey everyone,
            Thanks for all your help & tips everything seems to be running good now and the plants look good.
            I started to water everyday and I have been doing that for the past 4 days so far so good. I also started to increas the ppms for the 2 older plants Im at 550 ppms.

I also water the seedlings everyday the are 2 weeks old my tap wster is 130ppms and my final pp s for them are at 350ppm. I do have a question about the smaller plants they are about 3 weeks old from seed, I have noticed in the center of the plants its color is a brite lime green I have heard that can be a sign that they need a higher ppm? Take a look at tbe photos and .et me know what you guys think.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              The smaller ones are definitely starving..imo I think they need a little nitrogen. What kinda nutes are you using..

Hey Mud,
            Im using General Hydroponics Flora 3 part . I use CaMg. FloraMicro and Flora Bloom.

Comment

• Stevepmd
              Stevepmd commented
              Editing a comment
              So the light green in the center means they need more nitrogen

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha I just bought the entire gh line up. Including liquid Kool bloom, raw yucca powder, armor si and rapid rooter. I wanted to try it cause a friend uses it. I have been using Greenleaf (megacrop) with great success. But it's easy to get nitrogen toxicity with it. The exact opposite of your issue. I'd maybe up EC a bit via more veg nutes

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X