Thoughts on making feminized seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on making feminized seeds?

I acquired some clones this year and I'd like to preserve the genetics, but I can only grow outside during summer. I'd like to create my own feminized seeds of my four strains - Kush, Blueberry, Cheese and Lemon.
    I'm not able to move the plants so I'm trying to come up with a plan.

I'm thinking of spraying a bud site on each plant with ionized colloidal silver to create pollen sacs, and monitor their development. Before they burst, I plan to remove the branch to harvest the pollen inside the house, then pollinate a couple buds on each plant.

Does anybody with any experience doing this see any points of failure here? Also, how many seeds can I expect from each bud site I pollinate?

It is not recommended to smoke ANY part of a plant once it has been sparyed with Cs. I'd recommend looking at keeping Bonsai mothers over winter, then cut some clones for seeds/next year's grow.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have done this process many times,
      if u plant to make ur own colonial silver you will need minimum 12volts I use a battery charger
      99% silver. I use silver rods because using .25cent quarters also has other elements not just pure silver so it's hard to get an accurate 50ppm of silver.
      From week 1-6 of flower u will need to spray the bud site 2times a day at around week 3 they will produce pollen sacks and around week 6-7 the pollen sacks will start to open. Sativas take around 8-9weeks to open. This will be yellow powder.
      Now this will produce pure female pollen

Pollinate a female the 1st week of flower or your seeds will not be mature come harvest in 8-10weeks. You can tell that the bud site has been pollated because the hairs will start turning color. If your crossing an auto with a fem and u want the seeds to be auto u'll have to double cross it with an auto or the 1st batch may only be 50/50 fem/auto

Comment

Also when making the solution distiled water only!!!!! Once u charge the silver in the water it takes 24hours with 12volts to get 50ppm

Comment

A tip would be to not use the pollen on the mother it came from, so sex change one and use the pollen on another. Doing 1 plant and using the pollen on it can increase the chance of hermies.
          A local shop has a hermie spray, a natural mineral but they cant tell me what it is or if it is safe,,, as said dont smoke the plant, further dont use anything but the pollen/seed from a plant sprayed with CS, not the pot, soil or anything else that touched CS.
          Good luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X