Bamboo stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bamboo stakes

I just got done putting in some bamboo stakes, as some of my colas were starting to lie down under their own weight. Some of them I attached to the stakes using twist ties. But some of them I just propped up using the stake (and having it physically stop the cola from falling). Is this an ok thing to do? I’ve attached pics of both styles.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Yes that is fine. To be on the safe side you should remove any fan leaves that are overlapping and touching though. Beautiful plant.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I’ve got a bit of a science experiment going in my tent. As this is my first grow, I wanted to be careful about defoliation (as per GWE recommendations). So I aggressively defoliated one plant, moderately defoliated another, and lightly defoliated the remaining two plants. This way I can compare results, and if I do go a little pinch-happy, it’s limited to one or two plants. I’ll do some more pinching, though, to remove those kissing fan leaves. Thanks again!

Very fine staking, you fearless vampire killer!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, you should smell the garlic around here...

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      We gotta protect our plants from all predators!!!

Did some more staking, and did a substantial defoliation. Starting to resemble a finished product!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking very, very awesome!!!

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Yea, looks great (from a 1st cropper)... I believe I will do this and only net individual plants for my next crop instead of netting the entire grow tent. The way I did it, I cannot remove the plants from the grow tent now until I'm ready to harvest. If I was staked individually and netted each plant on its own, I would have been able to move them around more during flower.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great point. I’m planning to scrog next grow, but I definitely won’t be moving plants around

Alright, one more update. I ended up using all of the stakes tonight, trying to fully untangle my mess of buds. I also ended up pruning and defoliating like a beast. I’m a little worried I went overboard, but you all can be the judge of that. I cut off suckers and targeted overlapping fan leaves, mostly.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Spidermite! As a newbie, each cut is a little nerve wracking lol. That said, I kinda love pruning and defoliating.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      s62, in pic 3. Why did you trim all those buds off?

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      They were suckers. They were hidden from light despite a lot of defoliating. They weren’t making bud, just stigmas. There were no trichomes forming, really. They were never even going to amount to larfy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X