Spellbounds grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spellbounds grow journal

I'm brand new to growing indoors and my outdoor experience has been in guerrilla growing and not having the luxury of doing things properly.

SO right now I lack everything- Still debating if I should get 1000 watt hps or a 600 watt and add another 600 watt down the road. Regardless, I'll be throwing in an order for a flowering light in a couple weeks. I ordered a 300 watt COB LED that should be here thursday for part of the vegging lighting.

A few days ago I scored these 2 clones- They are 'grannys panties'- Stupid name but fantastic smoke. Right now I'm bringing them outside to a spot where they get about 8 hours of direct sun, a few more hours of intermittent sun through the canopy and then shade. Utilizing the summer while I can. At night I'm placing them under some very high end saltwater tank LED lighting so 24/7 lighting just at different intensity.

When those Cobs get here I am still going to continue taking them outside everyday and just bringing them in and sticking them under the COBs. This will allow me to test the LEDs while not risking good vegetation on these plants. LED's have me really curious- If I like them I will get another one to complete the veg lighting and if I dont I'll get a 400 watt Metal halite I think.

The larger of the two girls is named Thelma. Thelma and Louise is what I've named them. Thelma is going to (hopefully) live happily with me for years to come so I can take clones of off her. Louise is getting fattened up to be smoked.

- The last picture is of 4 cuttings I took off of an OG Cheesequake. Hopefully they take. Experience tells me 1-2 of the 4 will root well and 2 will die or be destroyed.

The plan is to figure out exactly what I am going to do for lighting and get it ordered quickly. In the meantime I'm going to veg the girls and once any of the surviving clones hits 40 days I'm going to put everything I have (except for Thelma) into flower. By that time I should be able to get a few clones from Thelma and decide on what strains I want to grow and get seeds or clones.

For soil and nutrients I plan on pretty much using fox farms for everything- I just hit the clones with 1/2 dose of fox farm 'big boom plan't food

Anyhow I think it would be cool to keep a record of my progress and if you guys see something I'm doing wrong or have any tips- I would much appreciate it.

I'll post every week with that couch as a reference until I get things indoor to my liking.

Thanks guys

welcome, you seem to be doing great, the plants are looking very good. i also use the sun in veg and flower. i would def go for an hps for flowering. just want to stress keep the ph under control and you gonna need to train (at least top several times) to get the most of your indoor light. happy growing

Comment

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Both of your plants could probably be topped any time now. I always wait until the fifth node develops, or around there. If you're planning on taking clones, there's some beauties around the bottom of the plant on the left. My clones usually come from the bottom of the plants as a by-product of defoliation.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yes like happy said the first top should happen soon and then let the plant recover and bush out, in a couple of weeks you can take the lower/smaller/weaker branches for clones if you want or you can let the branches get big enough to take clones from the top and then let bush out some more

• Spellbound
      Spellbound commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW thanks guys- I had always heard you cannot take clones until the leaves fully form- Thats why I figured I would try to clone the top since I wpould be doing it anyhow.

Thats freaking awesome to know because this is the strain I really want and I was only growing the OG Cheesequake because I have some outdoor soI figured it would be decent , free clones for the first grow.

Really appreciate it

edit- Well, I went out and topped one and sat it on a table for a minute while I tended to some other things- Planned to take it in and try and get a clone. Came back in probably 5 mins or less and the top was completely shriveled from the heat- It was cooked. So I threw that away and topped the next one and took it right indoors.

I would never have imagined that a cutting could literally cook that fast.

My plants all seem to be doing fine in the heat. idk.
      Last edited by Spellbound; 07-17-2019, 03:04 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X