Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stunted, discolored, disfigured growth seedling. How bad is it? What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Stunted, discolored, disfigured growth seedling. How bad is it? What can I do?

First grow ever. Absolutely flustered and overwhelmed with how much I've been reading. Having Asperger's can make it difficult to pick out the right issues amongst comorbid symptoms. Most likely an issue with watering I'm guessing. I have stopped to let it dry out but then start worrying about if it's nutrient burn as I have started in potting mix and a 5 gal. Fabric pot as it is autoflower and this is what was suggested in my reading. Symptoms I believe are present are dark colored leaves, stunted and twisted new growth, discoloration, and slight curling upwards. Set up information is as follows along with corresponding photos. Any help would be amazing, I do not have a lot of funds and have invested what I could into this and got what I was able to get. Help me save my babies from my ignorance. They deserve to live lol if they all die any suggestions as to improving my grow tent would be greatly appreciated.

Strains
    - 4 seedlings total within a week to a few days old
    - 2 x Critical Fast Bud Auto/Fem
    - 2 x Northern Lights x Blueberry Auto/Fem
    Tent
    - 32 x 32 x 64
    Light
    - Aglex 1200 watt LED
    - 32 inches away as per manufacturers specs
    - 24 hours on
    Exhaust
    - 4 inch 195 cfm inline
    Intake
    - passive
    Pots
    - 5 gallon fabric pots
    Soil
    - All Treat Premium Potting Soil
    PH
    - No ph tester or ph up/down, can't afford atm
    RH
    - Stable around 45% - 50%
    Temps
    - Stable around 25°C - 27°C
    Circulation
    - Oscillating tower Fan above plants
    ​​​​​​Watering
    - Tap water. Spray bottle to dampen soil around seedlings, 2 table spoons to get water at roots. Re watering when soil appears dry on the surface but probably not dry enough. Most likely overwatered first few days but unsure as of the comorbid symptoms between over and under watering and any other possible illnesses.
    Nutes
    - No used nutrients ATM, dollar store plant food for later.

Thanks in advance to all who have advice to offer.

I'd leave 'em alone...they're fine for now. I let them get four or five nodes high before I start feeding. I also run my LED with a balance of blue/red in veg...I haven't seen any benefit to running low red in veg and low blue in flower.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• N1ne6
      N1ne6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Manufacturer recommended using only the Veg switch for seedling and clones

N1ne6, monitoring and controlling pH is an absolute must! to avoid note lockout and all that entails...as well, soil looks a bit dense in the pics, have you mixed any perlite or coco in with the soil?

Comment

• N1ne6
      N1ne6 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I was limited in resources. This first grow was not meant to be the big harvest. I went without these things in past experiences of friends growing in their closet with a few CFLs. These things I agree are a must for ideal growing conditions and will be met most definitely after this grow for the next one and asap for this one. No I did not mix any coco or perlite in. We got what we could afford, doubt they mixed in enough but pretty sure some was specified in there.

just be real careful with the watering...I started the same and way over potted my girl but she turned out okay and I'm sure yours will too! by way of illustration: here she is at 1 week and 6 weeks...

Comment

• N1ne6
      N1ne6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks this definitely gives me some hope

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X