Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s she looking?

Hi Folks.

thought I would drop a few photos of how my first grow is currently looking. Approx 3 & 1/2 weeks old. Trainwreck cfl grow.

I took a few of the fan leaves off from the bottom as I read on a post that it’s ok to do this lower down at this stage.

I have also begun some LST and gradually bending what will be the budding sites away from the centre. Currently using some string until my order of ties arrives.

So Does she look ok? I’m happy so far I think. But I’m not an expert so if you think there is anything else to be done let me know.

You will also see on the images that I have bought and extra light which is currently hanging vertically. I got this to add extra light during flower stage. so I was wondering if hanging vertically like this will be ok? And also should I use it before flowering aswell as it’s currently switched off.

The bulb I am now using in the reflector is 250W CFL and the vertical is 125W CFL.

thanks in advance for any replies

Looks great Jamrasta - more lights the merrier - right?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Nice looking plant. It's good to get those lower branches spread out the way you're doing it, but you also need to get that top bend down to the level of the other tips so you can break the apical dominance of the top node(s). Doing that will get the side branches filling out. When I used fluorescent lights, I didn't let the plants get much bigger than what you have now before putting them into flower. You don't want to overgrow your light source.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Extremely good color, and looking very healthy. Fantastic plant for a first grow. You must have been reading GWE for awhile before you joined the forum. Amazing resources available to the first time growers these days. You could say your plant is the product of a collective effort.
        Last edited by starramus; 07-14-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys.
          i will bend that central stem down now then

And yeah I have read a lot of the articles from GWE. It’s Most definitely a team effort. This is a great place in my opinion. All we need is a smoking lounge and it’s perfect lol

Comment

great looking plants so far 'Jamrasta .....theres nothing better than reading up about growing before you actually start growing ,,thats what i did many moons ago ,,look forward to seeing the buds ,,,mac,,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X