Hermaphrodite? Or bad genetics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodite? Or bad genetics?

I purchased Raspberry Cough auto-fem seeds a few years ago from a well-known company in Amsterdam. Due to extreme inexperience (grower ignorance), I managed to kill all but one of my 15 plants! But, that one plant... She grew into a beautiful Sativa hybrid, with what looked like awesome buds.
    When I harvested her, I followed all the steps, but I noticed there were seeds! Naturally, I knew something was amiss, because I only had one single plant. The harvest was below average in quality and yield, but I'm going to give the genetics the benefit of the doubt, and say that had more to do with me, than them. I'm a farmer by trade, but this is a bit different than corn!
    Anyway, I kept those seeds, because I read somewhere that seeds from an auto-fem are guaranteed to be sensimilla, as there was no male present.
    This spring, I planted the seeds and was so very happy to see them germinate! They were quite hardy, so I kept them and grew them out. Would you believe that every single one of them has been a MALE so far?!!! How is that even possible?! I emailed the source of the seeds to ask for advice. They sent me the typical response you'd expect, but not much information on what caused it.
    Anyone care to educate a newby?
    As an aside, I grew 3 more plants - different strains - from this same company. So far, I've found seeds in two of the strains! These were grown inside, under lights, with VERY little stress. I can't imagine why they would have thrown seeds. Help!!!

All male seed can be made by a male plant that hermies (makes female flowers), all seed from that plant will be male. All others will be regular seed (pollen from male used on any other female). These can be hard to tell from a female hermie,,,,
    As far as the other seed, I would suggest getting seed from another breeder,,, A grow near me got 1000 white widow males from bad seed, bad seed is out there.

Comment

That's why I asked. Being from the US, my sources are limited. I've not had a successful grow from this company. I'd like to get seeds somewhere else, but apparently, I don't know where to look! I would appreciate any advice or references for seed.

Comment

This list shares reliable marijuana seed banks with good genetics that ship worldwide. USA residents: learn how to safely order cannabis seeds online!
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

We have many places to buy seed in the USA, I got mine from new420guy. He has had issues as he got hold of some bad seed (all male), I placed an order to have him cancel it, all I chose was bad seed and he had just pulled them. So I missed out on that disappointment,,,
          The Rusty Glue (28+% THC) is doing very nice! That is one of his strains,,,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X