Trichomes already cloudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes already cloudy?

I’m nearing the end of my first grow. I’m 5 weeks into flower, and I started taking trichome pictures about a week ago. I noticed that many of the trichomes already appear cloudy? Is this right? I’m growing photo Critical Jack, and my understanding is that flower time is 55-60 days. I know I’ve got a long way to go until harvest, but I want to clarify that I am in fact seeing cloudy trichomes. I also see some clear ones.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

They are still mostly clear. The ones that look like glass are clear, the ones that look like plastic are cloudy. They look like they are right in line with the breeders time schedule for flowering. But yes you are seeing some cloudy ones.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Thanks for your insight!
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. And feel free to keep posting pics and asking if you just are not sure.

Howdy s62, I have learned to not use a flash when taking photos of the tricomes as the surface of them can reflect back light making them appear to be cloudy. The condition of the tricomes is best checked (either with a loupe of photo) when the tricomes are 'back lite'. The light passing thru the tricomes will give You a more accurate view of their condition.
      Good job, the pics look great!
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is valuable info! Maybe should be integrated into the main GWE site. Thanks for the tip!

Concentrate on the trichomes on the buds not the leaves.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do, good to know, thanks!

Yes, there are some cloudy trichomes, but it appears there are many clear ones as well. At 35 days I’d say your girl ripening up nicely. If you haven’t done so already, I’d invest in a $10 pocket microscope to get a clearer view of her trichomes.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like the jewelers loupes that are linked on GWE, or what?

Like this one from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Carson-MicroB...t+micro&sr=8-3

Comment

Awesome, thank you!
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X