Super soil review and thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super soil review and thoughts

So far, I’ve used hydroponics, soil and now super soil a/k/a living soil. My first crop was remarkably successful regarding yield and quality. Call that beginners luck and the helpful guidance of my friends here who posted suggestions and clues on questions I had during the season.... you guys know who you are... With the care and details I put into that first crop, it took me a few months of recovery while drying and curing etc.

When Nebula and Sirius announced the class a few months back I felt it was an opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and exposure close up. It went WAY BEYOND THAT. So now on to the super soil.

I had spent some some mixing trio nutes, ph, monitoring, reservoir changes, supplements and so on. The super soil is a new challenge.
    Super soil is the organic method of growing stuff and comes in a AMAZING fragrance of pure POOP with a few added things like beneficial microbes and worm casings. The list is quite long however. While not a cheap endeavor, it’s not really that different in cost when buying nutrients and mixing , monitoring. The 5lb bag covers a few pots after blended with FoxFarm ocean floor on the bottom and then filled to the top with coco loco. That fragrance of nature still bleeds thru the fabric pots but between the tent and fans, it’s manageable for a few weeks, then fades away.

Heres the beauty in my view... the rest of the entire grow, the only thing it needs is training and plain water of the correct pH. The plants are growing extremely well, no crazy tests for diagnosing yellowing, spots, light or dark or striped leaves and the rest. Every 3 days or so, I follow a planned measured watering chart to eliminate any drain through of water from the bottom of the pots in order to not wash away the beneficial microbes in the $oil.

I do think...gnats might be built into these organically rich amendments. Why? They’re not in my space, yet they appear on the stick yellow sheets in a sealed environment. So where’d they come from?
    they are now 2 days into flower and things just seem to have coasted along so smoothly. I’m still too new at this to provide expert information but the ease of which this has gone so far REALLY gets my vote for the methods I will use going forward. Making your own super soil is not out of the question but needs to cook for as many as 3 months in order to be prepared enough for use.

In several posts so many members call the experience of gardening, addictive. I dig it enough that even my tomatoes have thanked me for so many discoveries. That however, is another campfire story.

I've started with super soil/living soil as well and so far love it. The "runt" that I transplanted from regular soil/powder nutes never even noticed she'd been dug up (aside from some light nute burn on the lowermost leaves from the change, but I was kinda expecting that) and has been growing like mad.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

GoodMorning Farmall
      Your gonna love your soil, just don't wash all the good stuff out when watering. No runoff.
      Cant wait to see your plants.
      Good to hear from you, ole bud.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks D.A.A.S. ALWAYS great to hear from you as well. So Far Looking so so good!! Just switched to flower a few days ago. By SURPRISE, I have two autos that were not supposed to be autos ..White widows

Awesome thanks for sharing. I have a question about using compost tea and the molasses? Do you use them together when watermark your plants and what can be put in the bottom soil to increase air flow to the roots. I have no experience growing weed yet but I did my homework for the last 2 years now. And so far I've got a 600 watt HPS/MH in a 4x4 tent and a 630 watt CMH grow light for a 5x5 tent and super soil called Budmud,and my seeds should be on the way from Seedsman which are all feminised seeds. 2 zombie kush 3 freebies of blueberry and 5 super critical kush seeds. Half the seeds will be planted outside and the other 5 inside and I don't know which yield techniques I'll use yet but it will be a monster crop. Once again thanks for sharing when I Read stories like this it gives me more positive confidence.

Comment

Rickybkush when I watered my stuff it was with compost tea as an alternate to water but only occasionally. If not , it was molasses and in neither of those, just pH’ed water to 6.6-6.8 and an occasional drink of simple spring water as it comes out of the bottle with no adjustments. Your set up sound terrific and you should have me great plants as a exult. You can do well either outside or inside but the amount of control you’ll have indoors makes it a powerful choice. Training you plants under those lights can provide you with superior yields so BECOME more than familiar with topping and tucking in veg and defoliation in flower. I expect your plants to perform
        Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall2, great advice, dang man, I didn't know you changed your handle.
          Rickybkush I use SmartPots -fabric pots, and always add 20-30percent perlite, to my soil, even though it might not need any, imo KindSoil ain't got enough in it, but that's just me.
          You got a great setup, you will do fine, can't wait to see em growing. Your gonna love it,plus your on a great site, plenty of nice folks on here to help you like Farmall, if you need any.

D.A.A.S.69 I had little choice, the original Farmall just would not work, could not post, put up pics, comment, do private messaging and SiriusFourside tried to help, had is web guy log-in as me but nothing worked and I tried it from 3 different computer locations. I missed being active so for a few days it was tempting to change it...so I did... Farmall2 is the new improved version ...hahaha
        Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

Ive been really wanting to pull the trigger on making my own super soil for some time now and this post might of convinced me to do it. Ive grown with kindsoil before and loved it. Did have some challenges with it but i think most of it was my fault. Im super sad subcool died. I learned a lot from him about his soil recipe and he was starting to sell his own charge packs to make things a lot easier for people like me who has to order everything.
          640 watt hlg quantum board
          320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
          300 watt mars hydro sp3000
          150 watt hlg quantum board
          100 watt spider farmer led x2
          organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
          Water only i don't check ph
          6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Cloud I bought a compost tumbler last fall and started to get it going but the cold just would not let the thing heat up and do it’s job... hopefully this late spring will have a good result with it

Comment

• Cloud
              Cloud commented
              Editing a comment
              Speaking of compost my wife works at a subway and she gonna start bringing me all her leftover produce

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X