corn borers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corn borers

having a problem outside with what i'm purty sure is corn borers, they're gittin into the stem. Anybody no a good cure? Still fairly young plants & can't be more than a couple days old.TIA.

Any info on your grow and maybe a few photos?

Comment

sum r photo's, sum r auto's, a little worm that bores its way into the stem at the nodes.

Comment

I believe Colombo meant was, do you have any pictures (photos) of the problem to better diagnose the issue and get recommendations.

Comment

Read this
          European Corn Borers are a voracious pest of corn, potatoes and many other commercial crops causing large-scale yield loss. Control of the damaging larval stage is imperative, but egg and adult moth control should not be overlooked. Following Integrated Pest Management practices will allow you to control multiple life stages of the European Corn Borer without the use of heavily toxic chemical sprays and reduce the amount of input you need to add to your growing process.

Comment

Rwise, thanx for the link, most of which I already knew, but it supplied me with the link to order sum stuff to cure the problem. Didn't wanna use chemicals & it showed me where to git sum organic stuff. If I wanted to smoke chemicals, I'd buy sum meth, not fer me! Thankx buddy, u probally saved crop!

Comment

Glad I could help! I dont like chemicals either, organic all the way for me!

Comment

Sorry couldn't back sooner. Here is another link . https://dengarden.com/gardening/How-...of-Corn-Borers . From research these 2 are the most common used. Good luck Good Growing !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X