fan leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan leaves

I have some outdoor plants which appear to be doing well. Been training them but our weather is going a bit south and appears to be a trend. Question outs would removing fan leaves as I read about for indoor growers for light penetration be advised should we stay cloudy?

Your plants look great - maybe the 2 in front on the right could use some trimming - I would leave the rest alone. As you say the weather is cloudy, so leave on as many sugar factories as you can.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks Canuck47, I am just south off you. I think you might be referring to this one (image) which is in fact the one that brought me to ask the question. I will take your advice. One of my worries is the density and powerey mildew.

Comment

Hello DeepSpace I am in So. Oregon inland 75mi from coast. We are getting more humid and have had light showers. It's fine for the plants for now as long as I don't have flowering going on I don't worry about them. I have photos and autos going outdoors. All I see is the top of the larger plant and sure it looks over lapping how does the stalks look? Side shot would be nice to see. Looks like bud sites starting to form (lighter yellow hows I tell). Can you tell us what it is auto or photo? It's a beautiful plant.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          Hello DeepSpace I am in So. Oregon inland 75mi from coast. We are getting more humid and have had light showers. It's fine for the plants for now as long as I don't have flowering going on I don't worry about them. I have photos and autos going outdoors. All I see is the top of the larger plant and sure it looks over lapping how does the stalks look? Side shot would be nice to see. Looks like bud sites starting to form (lighter yellow hows I tell). Can you tell us what it is auto or photo? It's a beautiful plant.
          Good morning SoOrbudgal, the individual plant referred to in the photo is a "Gelat OG". Here are a few images from the side but its a dense plant and hard to get the structure shown. So to demonstrate the training method a image of a "Bruce B" is the 4th image.
          At this point I will stop training lower branches allowing them to catch up in height of tip but will continue to manipulate tip and upper laterals.

Comment

Dang fine training you did. I'd let them be for now and just watch to see the stretch. Did you say how old they are? Been herein good things about gelato OG it's on my list for future. Outdoor sun penetrates better in my opinion tops, sides as you see. In the future you may want to remove inside small tiny stems and larger fan leaves but for now i'd just let them be. Lovely start. Peace
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X