Newbie saying hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie saying hello!

New to the community and want to start by thanking you guys for the work you are sharing!

That being said, can’t wait to jump in. I am 8 weeks into my first ever grow. I was provided two cuttings from a plant that “sprouted up” in a friends vegetable garden. So no idea what strain it is.

I have never grown anything, and had no idea what I was doing until I found the GWE site, so I got a slow start. I just moved them into 12/12 a week ago, so today starts what I am calling week 6, at least per the fox farms nutrients instructions, even though it is actually 8 weeks since I’ve had the plants. Sorry if this is confusing, trying to give you guys context.

I am using a 4x4 grow tent with a 450 HPS that I have grown under the entire time. The temp is about 75 and humidity is about 45 percent.

The plants seem to be doing fantastic, I have “topped” them and attempted “lst”, again I’m just reading and trying to follow instructions. I’ll attempt to attach pics. I’m mainly wondering if I need to remove more foliage, lollipop more, top again, or just let it go and defoliate again in two weeks (at the three week flower mark).

Please go easy on a rookie and THANK YOU AGAINFOR SHARING!

-CB

pictures are needed to give informed advice but as a general rule being this your first grow dont focus on defoliation, leave the plant do its thing and learn about the plant life stages, watering practices, flowering, harvesting drying and curing. welcome to GWE

Comment

• Cornball
      Cornball commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, they are up

Promised pics

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i think you have a male

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      First pic looks like its got boy parts...really nice plant though, might be worth breeding for fun.

• Cornball
      Cornball commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously?

Looks great - I would just let her grow.

Whoops- 9fingers got it right.
    Last edited by Canuck147; 07-08-2019, 03:08 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey Cornball, welcome to the forum! It's too bad if it's a male (and those do look like pollen sacs), but it's good that you get the practice in, and get the feel for cultivating cannabis. Get yourself some really good genetics--I always grow feminised seeds--and you will know better what to expect. If that's a male, you'd better do a thorough and I mean THOROUGH cleaning of your grow tent when you're done to remove any and all traces of pollen. You don't want to pollenate your next grow.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Cornball
        Cornball commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sick over here.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cornball Nah, you'll be all right!! It happens to all of us, and once you've seen pollen sacs, you always know what to look for, so it's a good lesson to learn.

Hey Cornball ... we're just looking at pics, you have the plants in front of you. We could be wrong, but these look like pollen sacks... Click image for larger version

Name:	Balls.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	320972
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Cornball
        Cornball commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feedback, I'm trying to decide on shooting squad or hanging.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cornball You or the plant???

• Cornball
        Cornball commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll start with the plants!

Howdy Cornball we all get em, nuts that is LOL I just tossed a male after showing it's male parts took care of it for over 8wks nurtured it like a little girl. I'm outdoors in containers. Random seed I found from last year bud. Oh well it's deer food now. Don't disbare you grew a very healthy plant. Get yourself back in the saddle with fem. seeds cause it appears you got some skills.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Cornball
        Cornball commented
        Editing a comment
        You are too kind! If if were a female, is it good to go into its first week of flower, or does it need more?

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Cornball... get a pack of fem seeds and give it another try. That plant was really looking good...you were doing everything that plant wanted from training to feeding to lighting... just do it AGAIN. It looked GREAT.

More what it's a male. if it were a female she'd be great at that age.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X