Organic Outdoor Nutrients!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Organic Outdoor Nutrients!!

I got some questions as I’ve been reading and researching this whole nutrients thing.. need some input please!! So I’ve been on a Feed/Water/Feed schedule but was reading and came across some interesting information. It said that even on Water days u can still feed light nutrients as the plant will still absorb about 20% of the nutrients using something like 2-0-0 or 3-3-3 or silica adds was wondering if this is just a waste of nutrients or unbenfical to the plants or can cause soil lock or if this just applies to hydroponic indoor growing. I’m using soil and I’m all organic and supposedly according to the guy at my local grow shop says I can’t burn or soil lock with organic nutrients because they are microorganisms and they break down to provide nutrients to my plants. I’m asking because my plants got started late in the season and behind the 8ball plus there super light green but look happy other than partial curling up leaves on some plants I think it’s just the weathers hot being they get 9-12 hours of direct sun and they maybe heat stressed at times. So just wondering if it will benefit to do a light dose of nutrients on water days or if just water is good to flush the soil. I’m using a product called Bio Veg(3-1-6) that’s mixed with some fish emulsion (5-1-1) every other water plus soil has Jobes Blod Meal (12-0-0) and Jobes Bone Meal(2-14-0) admended to soil as blood meal says every 30 days they just got their 2nd dose of Blood meal and transplanted to final pots with FF Happy Frog/Ocean Forest 50:50 mix. So with that being said trying to get some input on if I’m doing right thing already or if I can do a light supplements on just water days. Also any suggestions on when to feed morning vs evenings I’ve been doing evenings because the guy at the grow store said that the microorganisms get killed with the heat so my thinking is if I do it in the evenings the plants get the nutrients over night when it cools down and get no direct sunlight to kill the microorganisms..

Happy Smkin
    *Super420*
    Happy Smoking
    ​​​​ **Super420**

I dont have experience with outdoor but i did use bottled organic nutes on my last grow indoors. I feed with nutes every times i watered at full strength every time. If you think your plants are happy then dont add more. If you think they can take a little more than try it out. When you start flower though be sure to dial back your nitrogen so no more blood meal

Comment

Also if you read about microorganisms and composting you'll find there are 3 types of aerobic bacteria that are active at different temperature ranges and just become dormant in others so i think killing off micros is the least of your worries as long as your using dechlorinated tap water. If your not, you can get a filter that attachs to your standard garden hose

Comment

• Supermoto182
        Supermoto182 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jacobs528177 so I’m trying to figure out what supplements I can add to my feeding of base nutrients of Fish Emulsion and Bio Vega that will boost growth and Bud sites & help with root structure JW there in big pots and have plenty of room to grown i amended the soil about 5 days ago when I mixed it with Blood meal and Bone meal plus the Fox Farm soils already have some of those in it. But was reading I can supplement the organic nutrients just don’t know with what. They say to just top spread the blood meal every 30 days but can I dilute that into my nutrient water and maybe use it once a week since it’s 12-0-0 full of nitrogen but I was looking at using a cal-mag, bat-guano, and possibly Fox Farm Big Bloom I was reading I can use that thru the whole grow. I feel they can take more and of course if I get bigger roots they can take more nutrients in. I was also thinking it maybe better to let the soil dry a little more before I feed so there hungry and take more of the nutrient water in cause I’m pretty much watering every day cause it’s so the soil dry on top quick so I mist them with water but there big enough now just got out of seedling stage I wanna start pumping them with good nutrients to make em grow grow grow!! Lmk what you think

I think you have enough with what you have. Plants can only absorb so mich at a time. Leave out the big bloom and stick with your organic nutes. Apply the blood meal how the package says to. For sure leave out the blood meal once you start flower, make your last blood meal application 2 weeks before flower. NO LATER. If you use a cal mag i would use general organics cal mag at half strength. Always let the soil dry. You should only be watering every few days if your plants are in bigger pots.

Comment

Dont use the cal mag if you dont need to though. Too much magnesium built up in the soil can cause a manganese defficiency

Comment

Amend with the bat guano when they start to stretch

Comment

• Supermoto182
            Supermoto182 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jacobs528177 so if they stretch amend with bat guano.. 10-4! I’m going to get bat guano and cal-mag to have it. But what I’m looking for is something to help with Node grown, more bud sites and stronger n bigger roots. I’ve been looking around I’ve come across 2 things that have caught my eye advanced nutrients Tarantula and Bud Igniter. Looks as there whole line appears great cause I’m looking into something i can use as a foliage supplement as well as a root nutrient and appears that most of there nutrients can do both but they would probably work best to run the whole line together. I’m currently using super thrive and harvest alive as foliage and read i can use my fish emulsion as a Foliar nutrient and looking into a seaweed liquid as well. So i can amend soil, use liquid nutrients for root nutrients and foliage for a late evening nutrient for over night grown. Cause I like the Bio Vega and there is the Bio Floras and Bio Booster I was gonna finish out with for flowering read and guy at local hydro store said the Bio booster gives great taste. But for sure definitely interested in the advanced nutrients for next go.. there line looks nice as a whole! Any advice on advanced nutrients?? Lastly u say bat guano to help stop stretching can i maybe use a light dose of bone meal as well it’s 2-14-0 and I see bat guano is 0-5-0 it’s in the same area so may help as well.

Hello Supermoto182 may I say you've done some homework on all the kinds of supplements that claim to give you those "lbs" of weed. I have been and outdoor grower for over 35yrs. I've done inground guerilla grows and in containers. I've found what works for me and my plants after gathering all the info from fellow growers who do outdoor. That being said....the soil you have in containers you mixed could be enough food to supply soil and roots for weeks. Watch your plants but do not over feed with lots of different nutes. The soil you use otta feed your plants during veg. for the first month from what I've read on your post.

Make sure you water to runoff from bottom at least 20% of what you put in. Let them dry out between don't over do feedings. I have used AN nirvana with GH flora nova bloom during flowering. My photos are 5ft tall and not showing signs of preflower yet. They are growing strong from sun,fresh air, breezes. I feed every other watering at this point fish&bat guano tea and that's it for now. My plants are from seed they are 75 days old. Summer outdoor grows take anywhere from 5-7 MONTHS to finish. Way different than indoor lots of patience.

After I see preflower, budlets start to form I will apply nirvana AN, flora nova bloom and unsulfured molasses per recommended doses. I will do this maybe 4x during the whole flowering process up until the last 2-3 wks and I first see brown curl on the white hairs. The rest of the time it's good deep watering with molasses tea only and this slows down as plants age they don't take in as much... again watch the plants. It can be very simple it feels that way to me now, but I see so many struggle with so much hype on outdoor suppliments. You don't need as much, the sun does wonders. We are just growing for ourselves not commercially so follow that theory. Keep it natural. Good luck
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Supermoto182
            Supermoto182 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I see your flower nutrients I kinda got ones I wanna use too the Bio Flores and Bio Booster by biocanna but I guess what I’m asking is there a nutrient I can supplement in with my feeding now to promote more bud sights and node strength and growth?? Just looking for suggestions I found a couple of advanced nutrients supplements that say they do it but JW if there only ones that make such a thing or anything else u could suggest in the veg state to help roots/node growth?? Cause if u use advanced nutrients i kinda wanna use the whole line but might have to grab some of there nutrients I found that help with that heading to hydroponic store today to get raw bat guano and cal-mag just to have it. Plz lmk what your suggestion is about this!!

Also kinda having a bug problem on some of the plants and I’m seeing a little webbing from pot to pot not on plants. The soil I’m using has a pest control in it so there not bugs in soil just flying critters and I check them like 2 times a night never see anything however there are kinda like long tears and bite marks so I’m guessing maybe caterpillars or inch worms but I never see them on the plants. I’m mixing and using neem oil currently and looking at some companion bugs to add but anything u could maybe suggest?

Happy Smokin 😃😃

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X