brown buds and...cocoons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brown buds and...cocoons?

I'm growing my first plant, was given to me in April, no idea what strain it is. The plant is small but the buds are thick and sticky. Recently some of the leaves and buds are turning brown. I pulled apart one of the brown buds looking for signs of budrot and have found a few of these whitish soft cocoon-like things with a dark brown spot or line on the outside. THey squish flat and I haven't seen anything inside. I have seen a couple small green worm like crawlers, maybe one or two. I've sprayed twice with apple cider vinegar and water solution but it's still happening. Anybody know what these are and if there is any hope for the plant? Is it smokable? Many thanks!

Today's newsletter covers all of that. So check that out first. If you dont get it every week make sure to sign up for it. But yes any buds not yet affected can be saved.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

anyone know what these are from? I had them last year too and was able to control with a couple sprays of Monterey spinosad. Looking under a microscope it’s a very fibrous thing, not sure if from caterpillars or what but these little bud sucking bastards sure damage buds. They appear light blue/greyish with a dark stripe
      Attached Files

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess would be a moth cocoon, assuming you grow outdoors. I'm not an outdoor grower but I did help a friend harvest his outdoor grow once and I recall picking caterpillars off the buds and I thought I had read that moths were a likely culprit.

For bud rot control, Trifecta Crop Control, yes its pricey, said to be safe to harvest.
      For the bugs, Captain Jacks Dead Bug or Spinosad, outside ladybugs and praying mantis.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X