Dying leaves help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying leaves help please

I recently switched to flower phase a 2 weeks ago and now leaves are dying off rather quickly. Like everyday there are new yellow ones. I did have a run with fungus gnats but from I can tell they have been killed off for about week now. I read that leaves die off sometime in flower but seems early.

i think that damage is from the bugs, you are feeding nutrients and checking ph?

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Fox Farm trio and golden tree but I have been giving half recommended dose. Ph has been showing good. The only reason the bug thing throws me off is because it had cleared up and everything was great for a few days and then overnight for last 2 nights this. I am hoping it's just a deficiency due to the switch to flower. If nutes don't help then to the next idea I guess. If it is from the bugs how long before symptoms usually stop after treatment? If anyone knows and idea. I treated with nemm and diatomaceous earth

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      it can take a week or two to really bounce back from a stressful situation like bugs or deficiencies and some of the damage done will never recover, i think you are doing things right just the plant needs more time. gnats and root aphids may look defeated after trying to kill them but they recover after a few days, you gotta really do over and over everyday whatever you used to kill them for a couple of weeks

What 9fingerleafs said plus they look a bit overwatered because they look droopy also makes me think that since you had fungus gnats usually soil too wet attracts them and that wet soil will no let tour plants grow green and healthy kickback on water if all else is good and before you water make sure when you dip tour finger the first inch is dry. Hope that helps

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fairly certain they aren't overwatered I have been giving the same amount forever now if anything underwatered with the heat picking up and I added a bigger fan. The gnats came from a transplant where I used infected soil. It had gotten wet from a leak we had and I didn't catch it and it spread to all of them quickly. I treated with neem and diatomaceous earth. Everything seemed okay for a few days after treating and then all of sudden this. I can say that they are dying at a much faster rate than when the gnats were a problem idk if that helps

Looks like a nitrogen deficiency. They are all lower, older leaves right?

https://www.growweedeasy.com/nitroge...iency-cannabis

ETA: A nitrogen deficiency late in the flower is normal and expected if you are following a standard feeding schedule. 2 weeks is early so adjust for a bit of nitrogen for the next two feedings, IMO.

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah as far as I can tell they are all lower for sure. I was thinking that also based on plant problem pictures but wasn't sure. I read that they need more phosphorus when flowering starts so wanted to get opinions to figure out where to focus first or if I was missing something. I just fed them tonight and hoping the nutes help. I will update tomorrow hopefully with good news. Fingers crossed

Also just remembered the last feeding they had less nitrogen than usual. Recommended dosing said to leave out the grow big of the fox farm trio. It is the highest in nitrogen. So that makes a lot since I think anyway

Comment

Originally posted by CC420710 View Post
      Also just remembered the last feeding they had less nitrogen than usual. Recommended dosing said to leave out the grow big of the fox farm trio. It is the highest in nitrogen. So that makes a lot since I think anyway
      I think that is part of it. Check your PH too! And don't expect them to recover immediately. It will take about 3-4 days.

Comment

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will definitely do and I know I will just be happy if it slows down because it is happening fast. Still might be a little short as I still didn’t add the one but the other two do have nitrogen one is 2-8-4 next 0.5-0-0.5. Should I add one with more nitrogen like my 6-4-4 or something else? Or will that be enough to see anything?

CC420710 thats not good practice one can’t always water the same amount specially forever lol. From MY experience sometimes plants need more water sometimes less depending on how thirsty they are just like us or atleast I am that way sometimes I can drink 2 water bottles sometimes 1 or maybe half a cup. I don’t know just saying from the pics could be possible but if your certain then maybe nitrogen..

Comment

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know it's a deficiency at this point assume the nitrogen since it was getting less without the gro[ppw big. I gave them a little over half strength nutes and water last night and it seems to have helped. Not nearly as many dying leaves today compared to past couple days. I water every 3-4 days and only increase as needed slowly. Being that I just switched to flower I knew it would increase some but was waiting to see how last round played before adding too much. A little less lately because of fighting the fungus nights, they were behind on water as I was trying to keep it semi-dry until gnat problem calmed down. That's the main reason Is say underwatered if anything because it has been a little less lately. I actually had others infected that were moved to just veg area when I switched others to flower and they are doing great no damage signs anymore just the ones in flower mode which is what made me lean toward deficiency. I know I need to pick up more neem to keep on top of it all.. I do appreciate everyones' feedback though as it has helped me alot to narrow down and confirm

Okay as promised I am updating last night's feeding results. I gave them Fox farm tiger bloom and big bloom, kelp and golden tree a little over half recommended dose. Today there seems to a lot less dying leaves so hoping I am headed down the right path. If for any reason that changes I will update posts as I know its a good learning helper. I have learned a lot just reading about others so hope this helps someone struggling. I am leaning toward the nitrogen being needed since that's the most reasonable assumption based on advice and history. I want to thank everyone for their input it helped a lot and hope I'm in clear now. Fingers crossed and happy growing

Comment

For anyone reading just wanted to update that it was defencicies not only nitrogen, I think all three. I had been giving half strength nutes during veg and it worked fine for that but when I switched to flower they needed more than half strength. Someone on another post helped me figure that out. He said they really need nutes in flowering more than veg. Anyway, I fed them fos farm trio and golden tree and every day gets a little better as we go. Today I am only seeing old damage instead of fresh so getting there. Thanks, everyone for their help and input

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X