Light hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light hours?

I have heard many options on which hours to use and was wondering the differences. Most common 18/6 compared to 12/12 all the way through? On the 12/12 with photos will they flower at a certain point on their or what?

18/6 (16/8) is for vegging them out, makes them grow, run this time until the plants are big as you want/can, then flip.
    12/12 is for flowering, once the plants are big reduce the hours and watch her flower up!
    Autos do not use a light cycle, only photos

Comment

when you grow 12/12 from seed the plant usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to veg, very slowly compared to regular veg, and then flowering as usual, you will always get smaller, weaker, weirder and more stressed plants doing this, its definitely not worth it, but give it a try haha

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i think the idea of flowering as soon as possible is very seductive, people try it and go back to regular veg for a reason

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another thing I don’t understand is leaving lights on 24/7. I know more light hours equals more growth supposedly but I also read it’s important for them to rest in order to perform as expected. Idk myself I don’t do well with limited sleep I need that full 8 hours with plenty of stuff to stop the dreams. If I couldn’t get rid of dreams dreams I wouldn’t sleep much

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah but just like humans, plants can sleep under 24/7 light, they dont need the light off, they just rest

These were cloned in flower and kept in flower, not big and I did not expect big, but i got a taste of whats to come! Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	320353

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X