Mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mites

just want to share this article from master grower Ed Rosenthal, very useful with pictures https://www.edrosenthal.com/the-guru...-your-cannabis

9fingerleafs Thanks a lot!!! Now I'm going to have horrible nightmares!!! That poor cola covered with spider mite webbing!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i knowwwwww... i kill mites in my outdoor plants every day, cant imagine how much you have to neglect a grow to get to that point

My "Forest in a Bucket" has a spider mite infestation. Nothing close to what was pictured in the link, but still enough to really piss me off. They're getting another soap bath tomorrow. They HATED the last two and recovered slowly so the three strike rule is going to apply. If I can't get rid of them this time, they're going in the green bin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190703_224355[1].jpg
Views:	87
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	319651
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      the only time those fuckers got into my indoor grow i used alcohol water 1:1 twice a day over and under leaves for two weeks and gone

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      HD, that is one gorgeous plant, so rain death and destruction down upon them. I've been fighting gnats on this grow--nowhere near as fierce as the mites...

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup Yeah um....that's actually an optical illusion

There's 5 indica dom plants in the bottom/front and 7 hemp x's in the back. When they show sex, boys are getting culled and the rest will be clone donors. They look pretty good packed in one bucket, but they're all pretty ordinary.

any product containing Spinosad is good for getting rid of spider mites ,.,,,,,mac,

Comment

I'm using ladybugs (hell of a time finding predator mites locally) and it hasn't completely stopped the problem but seems to be helping.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        ABsolutely best way to go; got any praying mantises around there? ;-}

Google TipTopBio for all kinds of beneficial nematodes and predator mites. I’m fighting fungus gnats myself and just bought some nematodes to help with the larvae in the soil and I have sticky traps for the flying adults. Luckily my local nursery carries TIpTopBio. Wanted to add thanks for the post and the web page is TipTopBioControl.com hope it helps someone..
      Last edited by Cali; 07-04-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

The Borg won in my last encounter with them on my wife's Elephant Ear plant. I tried everything from neem oil to even straight alcohol. I finally ordered what has worked in the past Mighty Wash https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . A whole gallon cost me forty bucks, and the money was spent to no avail. Finally just tossed the plant into the dumpster.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X