Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow from a New Grower how am I doing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow from a New Grower how am I doing??

Hello GWE community!! This is my first growing experience & post. I’ve done a lot of research but there are lots of different opinions and I got so many questions cause I have a new addiction to growing and limited knowledge but I’m learning everyday.

My setup:

Harvest Organics Organic Potting Soil Mix

Jobes organic blood meal

Jobes organic bone meal

Organic perlite

** I attempted my own soil mix **

Alaska fish emulsion 5-1-1

Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10 (flowering)

Misc Pots given to me with extra drainage and air holes drilled into sides

A good spot getting 10-12 hours of direct sunlight

So let’s get started!! I have 11 seedling about 4 or 5 weeks old just transplanted into bigger pots, one clone of the furthest along plant i got, it’s about 2 months old it was started by my father in late April and unfortunately is stuck in hard clay I’m slowly trying to get some good soil mixed in but it’s growing slow IMO but I'm new so maybe just me not knowing. So it’s a total of 13 plants.

All these seeds where from plants grown last year and don’t know sex of any. I got them in a regular organic 70/30( no added nutrients) mixed with added blood meal including my seedling pots. So far everything looks good other than once again I think for 5 weeks my seedlings are small, sorry pics are taken at night I will upload some better pictures of whole grow tomorrow.I’m using Alaska Fish Emulison 5-1-1 for nutrients and have Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10 and was told I can use the fish emulsion with that during bloom.

I just got my medical marijuana card here in Pennsylvania and I’m on a extremely low budget due to health issues atm and cannot work so doing the best I can with what I’m working with hopefully I’ll be back to work soon and can get a clone of one of my females and can setup a indoor grow for winter and be better equipped for next years outdoor grow. I will have more questions about a indoor setup but that’s for another day...

Here are the first set of questions that are bugging me and any other suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!

How often should i water I got 3 gal pots and drilled extra holes in the bottom and sides for extra drainage and venting/oxygen?

How often can I fertilize them with the 5-1-1 Alaska fish emulsion im all organic too (soil, adamants, fertilizers) and is that a strong enough nitrogen for seedlings and vegetation stages I soil tested but the test kit I have just says (high, medium, low) for Npk I’m at (N) high (P) medium (K) medium & my pH lvls are between 6.5-7.0 so not sure how often I can fertilize them I’m only doing it once a week as of now?

Lastly im really trying to learn how to early sex my plants and my one plant that’s furthest along which I’m also experimenting with LST and FMI which the plants taking to very well just would like to know the sex cause I only got 2 months left to grow and would like to clone it and make more females if it is a female. This is the one I cloned not knowing sex but wanted to try it out here is a pic I got hopefully it’s good enough for someone with experience to lmk if it’s female or male!! ( Plants are in 2 different links can’t upload to site plz check pics)

Also am I pruning to many of the big fan leaves off to allow the sun to hit the canopy better? Plants doing extremely well for being in the worst soil ever and all the experiments I’m trying! ( My LST/FMI plant )

Thank you everyone for reading my post.. plant pics are thru links my data is slow and can’t upload to forum directly. Plz help all suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated!

First link is night pics and the close up of sex organs please help identify sex if possible:

Second link is Early AM full grown all pics have mems of issues and concerns please view and read both links and let me know how I’m doing!! Thank You all so so much
    Happy Smoking
    ​​​​ **Super420**

cant reall see signs of an sex just yet still a bit young ,,,mac,
    Last edited by mactheman; 07-02-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

this is would you want to see on your plants ,,mac

Comment

You have a happy garden started. I let them get to 5 or 6 nodes before doing any training or pruning so they have some roots under them and they have the pipes to recover fast. Feeding them once a week is more than enough until they get to that point. Most people who are struggling here, are loving their plants to death....too much food, and too many amendments. KIS
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Thank you guys so much for the input so I had many appointments today from my health issues. Anyhow I left the house about 8am when I took early am pics they looked happy well I got home to this some of the plants don’t look happy possible heat stress it’s been super hot here the last few days n I’m scared to over water when I dig down the soil is damp. I wanted to transplant the clone today I’m afraid it’s getting root bound or are these just some normal symptoms I know there talking to me but don’t know what there telling me yet. Soil and pH reads good but my test kits not that good JW if maybe heat stress, nutrient burn or a combo of a few things... if it is heat stress should i move them to a area with less direct sun or less hours in the sun Thank You plz help.. don’t wanna loose these lil ones!!

Pics @ https://imgur.com/a/XRaPfrp
          Happy Smoking
          ​​​​ **Super420**

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            it looks like you are over watering them the 3rd picture is what tells the story did it die yet ,if its heat they will bounce back as soon as the sun drops a little,if you dont have a water meter then stick your finger straight down to you first knuckle on index finger if you feel moister there fine

yep @ HappyDaze your dead right about people loving their plants to death ,I think that most home growers do that when they first start growing ..I know I did at first

Comment

hi Supermoto sent you PM about the question you asked me ,,mac,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X