Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smell

I have a plant that I harvested 2 weeks ago. I let her sit for 5 days and nights on a drying rack. She has been in jar's with 62% humid pack burped daily for the last 11 days. Still she has a wet grass hay type small in the jar's. The other plants smell great. STRONG earthy pine. The no smell plant is green crack that was abused. Over watered to many nutrients and PH from 5.5 to 7.2 in soil mix.
    Will she ever small again? looks real good thou.
    You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

its actually very hard to give advices on drying and curing cause its all about the feeling and getting to know your plants but i can tell you two things. first of all boveda packs are made to preserve moisture in long term storage of dried and cured bud or to keep moisture in a place that looses moisture on its own (like a wooden box) anyhow its not made to be used while drying and the first part of curing, the plant naturally gives off moisture and the break down of chlorophyll creates more moisture, thats why it needs to be burped often. try removing the boveda packs and let the buds breathe. the second thing is there are some strains that seem to have one smell when they are not trimmed that disappears when the leaves are removed, in other words some leaves smell weird so try to remove all leaves on your bud

Comment

Use hygrometers in your jars; I'll bet your humidity is above 62%. I don't put in Boveda paks until they're through curing, in 3-4 months.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Two weeks isn't really enough time for the buds to mellow much. Patience.
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaze View Post
          Two weeks isn't really enough time for the buds to mellow much. Patience.

Dont worry...Sooner or later he / she will open one of the sealed jars and it will be perfect..... with all those full jars its bound to happen... I hung my whole plants for almost a week then they went into big bags for a few weeks with a little fresh air once a day before I finally placed them in jars... my cotton candy kush smells more like mango to me after being in the jars.. thai smells earthy..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X