Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Watering seeds and how much light

Dear Community,

I have planted some weed seeds for the first time and was hoping someone could help me with a couple of questions. Just to let you know I live in Thailand, where it's hot and humid.

After the seeds had small roots I transferred them to plastic cups with holes and used peat moss.

My questions are:

1. Where do I put the cups, inside or outside and should they be exposed to natural sunlight at this early stage? If I should keep them indoors, what are the ideal conditions/position?

2. I watered the peat moss fairly well and it was still damp this morning but how often should I add water? And, should the water be poured over the sprouting leaves or around it?

Note: So far, 2 of the 3 seeds I planted have sprouted after 12 hours, while one of them hasn't.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanos

Hi Thanos, and welcome to the forum! I recommend that you start reading so that you can avoid bad surprises during the grow!!! This will help you get started: https://www.growweedeasy.com/seedling-problems

When I started growing 3 years ago, I read and read on the GWE site, and I still go back all the time and re-read; I'm still learning, too!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My last sprout went like this, I soaked the seed until it sank then into a paper towel, in a baggie and moisten it. I watch (you can see the tail pop) and the tail is out but real life gets in the way and I didn't plant it right then. When I slowed down (I think the next evening) the tap root was grown out of the PT (oh crap) I went to work on her, she already had her first leafs open, I placed her in the soil and into indirect sun light (a window) for the evening. Next morning she went into full on sunshine and is doing well, now in her final home.
      I have high humidity and do not need humidity domes, soda bottles make good ones. I have my style like everyone else, read a lot! Happy growing!!!

Comment

Cheers for your advice! The website is sometimes challenging to navigate, especially with all the information as a first time grower, but after spending a little more time I found most of the answers to my questions. However, I couldn't find out whether a two-day old germinated seed, in a small plastic pot, should be placed in direct sunlight.

Comment

Kept looking and did eventually find information on final answer I was looking for......thanks again for your help

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure the seedling gets enough light so that it doesn't start stretching out too much; you don't want a long, skinny stem. ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X