Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 seeds, 1 plug?

Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a quick question about germinating in plugs. I made a mistake and accidentally put 2 seeds in the same plug and now there starting to grow. Am I going to end up losing both? How can I get one out and into another plug without killing both? I’ve attached a pic so you guys can see what I’m saying.

I would let them grow together until your sure they are strong enough to separate - say 10 days or so. And yes I think you would kill them both if you tried to separate now.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I do not have experience with plugs but if that happened to me even in a small soil pot, I would feel inclined to kill one immediately. I know losing a germinated seed sucks. I would rather know that one would have a strong start rather than risk both of them being shocked from their roots being exposed to light and untangling when separating them. Good luck!

Comment

And I would just plant it as is and grow both together, good luck!

Comment

I agree with allowing them to grow together. If they get along after 10days it will be your call when to separate or off with ones head (which I would do rather than kill both trying to separate ) Hope there not autos.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks so much for the responses! These are extremely rare TK S1’s so I’m gonna try everything I can to keep both. Do you guys think I can let them grow together and they’ll survive long enough for me to take clones from both?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I sure can't answer that question because I've never allowed 2 "rare" seeds to drop in the same hole. Guess your gonna find out.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              If they are photos certainly! Autos can be hard to clone,,, for thousands of years the seeds fell off and grew where they landed, in piles, in clusters whereever

Mistakes happen to the best of us, and thought maybe others have had the experience as well. The reason I mention what they are is to emphasize the importance to me of trying to keep both alive, not as a dick swinging contest. But I appreciate your opinion and thanks for taking the time to answer.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              So are you thinking of letting them grow up together? I'm thinking those roots may become entwined to much and damage both? Yes I would hate to loose valuable seeds so I don't buy them. Goodluck hope it works for you.. BTW I would loose at a penis contest LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	319012 Here is two plants that were sprouted together (Rusty Glue), I consider them to close to separate, clones were taken from them and will be again,,,

Comment

You can grow them together - but one will dominate and try and outgrow the other.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X