Nanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanners

I've got a blackberry in 6th week of flower that has begun to hermie. Is it beneficial to carefully pluck them off ? it might not be a horrible issue since Nirvana has stopped selling this strain, and I really love the smoke. I've had plants Sprout nanners before but not to this magnitude. To pluck or not to pluck?

You can! I'd Spray with a fine must of water to settle any pollen, then again it my not be a bad thing.

you may want to find out why. are your plants growing into your lights?heat?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Pretty sure it's a heat issue. Since summer temps have finally arrived ,the basement temp has gone up .

Comment

agree, if you can do something to keep the pollination levels as low as possible do it.

Comment

Howdy Motoman15, Once the nanners are visible, they have all ready dumped their pollen, so plucking will only make You feel better. The air temperature is a big factor in whether the plant produces nanners or not. When the air temperature gets up from 90° F to 95° F, nanners are more likely to from due to the heat stress. I grew two plants several grows back that produced some seeds (not a lot). I grew some of the 'hermied' seeds during my last grow but (it was during the winter and much easier to keep the temperatures down, never over 80°-85° F) and there have only been three seeds found (in less than oz.,) so far. The best thing that I can say about nannered seeds is that they have all turned out to be female.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I plucked nanners on a plant once, and grew a seedless hermi plant. Not 1 seed in the final product. I have seen this before, once you see one it has already pollinated. This is simply not true.
            Although a hermi plant produces feminized..it cal also produce more hermi plants. Plus the genetics will be unstable, so growing it out will be a risk. I would toss out any seeds or just give them to someone who wants to practice germinating or something like that. I would not recommend to invest time and money (electricity) into an unstable seed.

Winter tent temps in mid 70s, got up to 88 this week.

Comment

Moto, you're in the 6th week of flower, so hopefully most seeds won't get the chance to fully mature and more energy will continue to go into bud building. I had it happen a couple of years ago due to heat stress, but the bud turned out great in spite. It really taught me to keep a closer eye on what's happening during flower.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I ended up chopping at end of 8th week, trichomes were white , could have used another week or 2 to fatten up . I was able to lower temps a bit , that slowed nanner production a bit. Diligently plucked them when visible. After trimming could not see or feel any hardened seed pods, maybe plucking them does help.

Comment

Out of curiousity, could low temperatures (~66) stress a plant into becoming a hermie? Or is it really only high temps?
                Gorilla 3x3
                LEC 315
                Kind Soil
                Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• DW2
                  DW2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On My last grow, the night time temperatures go down into the middle 60's and the day time temperatures only went up to the upper 70's and a few times up to 80° F. So far, I have only found five seeds that look fully developed out of a total of six plants. I still have a little over half of the bud still curing, so there may be more seeds to come. I was hoping for the plants to produce some 'feminized' seeds for a future grow, fortunately, I still have some seeds left from the first nanner grow.
                  I almost forgot, I do not think that the lower temperatures would stress the plants into nannering, just slow down the growth of the plants.

Plucking nanner does help. Only 2 partially developed seeds found so far. I plucked close to 20 over

Comment

3 week period.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X