Sad Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Sad Girl

Hello, this girl was going great. So much so I needed to re-pot it into its new (current) home.
    She has been looking like this since the transplant 3days ago.
    Light changed from CFL to LED. I have successfully used this LED and know how to measure & adjust height.
    Leaf drooping has NOT changed over the course of 3days however lighter greens are present (looks like deficiency). Using the same super soil/coco mix it originally thrived in.
    Twists are starting to happen amongst the leaves with some having serrated edges (leaf edges up like heat stress)
    Im certain the transplant went well - root ball was left alone & I followed precautions.
    In case you feel the need to ask:
    - super soil/coco mix, w/ additives like neem cake/dem earth.
    - lightly watered edge day of transplant (still wet)
    - temps are good, but possible 50 Fahrenheit for a few hours with lights on.
    - good airflow
    - 450W LED on 50% @ 16” (was higher, moved down hoping to help)

could simply moving the plant into a new environment cause this?
    Attached Files
    Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Couple of things...why did you re-pot to such a small container? It looks too small already. The droop "looks" like overwater or excessive humidity. Is their proper drainage and runoff from the new container and did your RH increase in the new environment?
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

I like to switch it once it settles in that environment. Sure its small, but usually works and is enough for me.
      RH is 50/55%. Same as old environment.
      I appreciate your response, overwatering would resolve itself soon enough, hopefully thats it.
      If you look closely in the picture, you can see the edges of the soil crusted & a gap between the rim. Usually an indication of how wet things are, as i tend to water the edges.
      Thanks!

Comment

Would I be overthinking it if I thought possible contaminants were in the pot? I usually clean it with a light bleach spray, then thoroughly rinse.
        I dont consider myself THAT much of an idiot to let something like that happen so lightly. But perhaps theres something I dont know about bleach reacting to the plastic pot

Comment

I use bleach to sanitize my gear and hydroton all the time without issues, so I don't think that's it. If it's drowning because there's not enough drainage, you're going to have issues with nutrient build up later on. 3 days seems like a long time to dry out the soil.
          Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• yellow
            yellow commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you suggest I do?

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don't already have about 40-50% perlite in your soil mix, you might consider adding some for drainage. Beyond that, I'm not sure

If it were mine i'd transplant into different medium and larger pot with better drainage and soon. Looks like it's being choked in that pot??
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal Seconded... Think that pot has any holes in it? yellow said 3 days to dry, must be cool with low light for it to take that long.

I don't even know how big that plant or the pot is...? Are those bottom fan leaves 6" or 3"? Nothing to show scale with that sterile and purdy white background.

Hey yellow! Can you throw a lighter in your photos like everyone else!? LOL.

Thanks fellas! Ill try bigger pot and different medium. I also read on the suppliers website about the supersoil; shouldnt touch the rootball during transplant. Must be hot...
          I thought lighters for were bud size reference.
          Shes only small.. ill update with proper plant/pot size, if you wanna know
          “Sterile and sturdy white”, definitely a compliment, thanks!

Comment

After a repot it turns out the plant was suffocating. Previous pot clay-like texture near the bottom, preventing sufficient oxygen.

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you got it sorted, looking forward to seeing some grow and flower pics as you progress.

Cheers

Shes looking worse. Re potted with a light mix of super soil & coco/perlite. Havent watered since i started this post. However lightly watered last night.
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X