Brown edges on leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown edges on leaves

Greetings. New grower here. I'm involved with my first grow at present. One of the plants I'm growing is a Great White Shark auto. It spent the first couple of weeks under cfl lights. Now it's outside getting 10-12 hours sunlight a day plus I supplement that with 6-8 hours of cfl. It started flowering at the end of week 3 and is now 6 1/2 weeks.

To the question. It's developed red/brown edges on one set of upper leaves. Also the leaves are curling up a lot. I gave it a good flush yesterday and from testing the run off discovered the ph to be high. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for the cause I 'd really like to figure it out

Did you give them an adjustment period, or just set them in the hot sunshine? Looks like sunburn

Comment

• rayian
      rayian commented
      Editing a comment
      Well the adjustment period happened about 3 1/2 weeks ago

looks like a calcium deficiency, probably because of the ph out of range. once its fixed the leaves will not recover but the spotting will stop spreading

Comment

• rayian
      rayian commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that calcium deficient spotting was more random over the leaf but in this case is concentrated on the edges. Anyway, hopefully the flush has taken care of the problem
      Last edited by rayian; 06-20-2019, 11:25 AM.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      it often is but i think you are seeing the first few spots before they cover the leaf, im sure whatever it is it will get better with the ph under control

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X